Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Noo!!! I cant be true, can You only use one storyvideo per game???

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: MAFIA 2
Posted: 7th Aug 2017 01:50
I was going to use it in small TVs and bigger flatscreens. maybe even as a cinema-shortfilm, but I just tested it out and only the file "storyvideo" seems to work(!!!) I have tried to put it in other folders, but no nothing seem to work... If You find an override for this I wourld be so greatful!

Attachments

Login to view attachments
KingMassen
Years of Service
User Offline
Is that a video texture? If so, you can use up to 10 per game I think ...
xlghostlx
Years of Service
User Offline
Better if u will remove the "LG" Logo
Mr Love
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Aug 2017 23:24
Quote: "Is that a video texture? If so, you can use up to 10 per game I think ..."

Can You try if it works with two diffrent videotextures at the same time, and then report to Me?

Quote: "Better if u will remove the "LG" Logo"

Why is that? Its suppose to be an LG television...
xlghostlx
Years of Service
User Offline
It's for you my friend... LG is registred trademark
xlghostlx
Years of Service
User Offline
A any way ill try too tomorrow
KingMassen
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Aug 2017 02:10 Edited at: 8th Aug 2017 02:13
I am really in the middle of many problems with FPSC (you can tell that from my threads) and I am starting really to get frustrated with it ,but I will see if I have time for that

Btw, I wanna tell you something: When you build a game ,the contents of the 'videobank' folder are not transferred to the built folder ,you have to manually copy/paste the movie files

Also, In my opinion, two TVs playing video clips at the same time is too luxurious for an indie game made by FPSC LOL I mean even commercial High Quality games or the best indie games never have TVs actually working and showing films maybe because it can still cause problems with pro AAA engines or even some of the users that would purchase the game ... just saying
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Aug 2017 10:44
Mr Love What exactly are you trying to achieve ( to play a video overlay ?)
What script are you using? Here's a basic one that plays with player distance.

You can have up to 10 videos in your script ready to use when needed.
"makkevideotexture=YourVideo.avi 1-10"
There's a lot of other commands to start/stop/switch the video overlay.
My games never have bugs. They just develop random features..
Lots and lots of random features...
Mr Love
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Aug 2017 04:54
Quote: "Also, In my opinion, two TVs playing video clips at the same time is too luxurious for an indie game made by FPSC LOL I mean even commercial High Quality games or the best indie games never have TVs actually working and showing films"

And Who said My game isnt a commercial High Quality Game. I courld make it even if 99.9% of the FPSC games are junk... (Many commercial "High Quality Games" have in fact pretty LOW quality)

Quote: "Mr Love What exactly are you trying to achieve ( to play a video overlay ?)
What script are you using? Here's a basic one that plays with player distance."

Thanks
I will try it out thanks.. Do You have to change other things than the name of the .avi file (when change film?)
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Aug 2017 05:06 Edited at: 9th Aug 2017 05:07
Mr Love
Quote: "change other things than the name of the .avi file (when change film?)"

No, if you want to play several videos on ONE entity setup your script with all the videos listed
at state=0...
and so on. You can name them anything, just list them in order 1,2,3,4...ect
Then the rest of the script depends on how you want to trigger the video to play, start or stop.
"plrdistwith=x, plrusingaction=x, or even activated=x. Or maybe after first video plays
next starts after a timer ? Depends on what you want.
Mr Love
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Aug 2017 06:36
Quote: " You can name them anything, just list them in order 1,2,3,4...ect"

Thats what I was wondering! Where do I add those numbers???
KingMassen
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Aug 2017 16:36 Edited at: 9th Aug 2017 16:38
Mr Love wrote: " And Who said My game isnt a commercial High Quality Game. I courld make it even if 99.9% of the FPSC games are junk... (Many commercial "High Quality Games" have in fact pretty LOW quality)
"

lol Okay, but make sure to manually move the videos to 'videobank' folder after building the game ,they won't be transferred automatically like other files except for 'storyvideo.avi' ... that's what I thought when you posted the thread ...

Also, you can't define the same video texture twice ( i.e. use 'makevideotexture' twice for the same file ) , it will make the game crash ... so if during the game ,the video texture was defined and played and then the player exited to main menu and loaded a game, it will crash with the second use of 'makevideotexture' for the same file ...

Try to define all the videotextures at once in the title page and you will have to use only 10 during the whole game progress ...
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Aug 2017 11:37
Mr Love
Quote: " Where do I add those numbers???"

Did you figure it out and get it working ? You add the numbers/value to the video at the first state.
":state=0:makevideotexture=videobank\FirstVideo.avi 1 <----this is video texture number 1 (one) the next one would be number 2.
In your script when you call for which video to use the command is "usevideotexture=1 or 2 or 3" to stop video it's "stopvideotexture=1 or 2...ect
There are more commands to use in the syntax list

Mr Love
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Aug 2017 11:48
More commandos, thats always welcome! And that number, I kind of figured that out, but Its always better to be 100%.....
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Aug 2017 01:32
Mr Love Black Fox has a nice tutorial & script showing how to use video overlays here....https://forum.thegamecreators.com/thread/192148
Scroll down about 3/4's of the page until you see "Using the "video texture" commands"

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 08:15:54
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 08:15:54