Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Broadcast IDE feature - brilliant!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Aug 2017 17:25
Hi all,

Just a big thumbs up from over here (I know that was a joystick) for the broadcast feature. First time I've used it. I had an iPad and Android phone on the same network, both running AppGameKit Player. Pressed Broadcast and they both ran the app at the same time. No problems. MOST impressed.

Quick question: On AppGameKit Player, do the apps behave in exactly the same way as if they were installed from App/Play store, etc.?

Ta!

James
Markus
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Aug 2017 18:29
in playstore it is a combination of interpreter core + bytecode.byc file in media folder.
AGK (Steam) V2017.07.19 : Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit : AMD (17.4.4) Radeon R7 265 : Mac mini OS Sierra (10.12.2)
smallg
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Aug 2017 20:45
it is a great feature
Quote: "Quick question: On AppGameKit Player, do the apps behave in exactly the same way as if they were installed from App/Play store, etc.?"

should do (unless you had any extra permission requirements in your app i guess though not 100% sure)
life\'s one big game
spec= 2.6ghz, 1gb ram, 512mb gpu, directx 9.0c, dbpro and classic
easter bunny
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Dota 2
Posted: 13th Aug 2017 03:55
Quote: "Quick question: On AppGameKit Player, do the apps behave in exactly the same way as if they were installed from App/Play store, etc.?"

The code (APK or IPA) you upload is the player (pre-packaged with your game). So yes it should run exactly the same.
However you might have some differences with permissions, IAP, and Ads (since permissions will vary between the AppGameKit Player and your game APK, and IAP/Ads might require your game ID (com.company.game) to be registered and it will only work with that version, meaning you can't test IAP on the Player but you can on the complied APK)

My Games - Latest WIP - My Website: Immortal.Digital - FB - Twitter
130,000 installs with AppGameKit and counting
tmu
Years of Service
User Offline
The app store specific features will likely not work properly on the player. This includes leaderboards, achievements, in-app purchases. Sometimes it can also create a mess for later as Android may cache some ID's for the app and get confused a they change when loaded from app store vs broadcast. Of course, anyone who loads only from play store will not see this.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 14:07:55
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 14:07:55