Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers AppGameKit Corner / Linux - How do I Set a custom icon for the AGK players?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Aug 2017 14:23
First off on a scale of 1-10, 10 being Mr.Linux himself and 1 being a cave dwelling neanderthal\Trump then I am very firmly about bashing things over the head with a club and being startled at seeing fire!

So I just made a Linux version of my game (using Ubuntu LTS), that's all working no problem after downloading openal and opengl (i really like that was of distributing drivers BTW).

I am a bit of perfectionist so want to set my own icons. I went into the properties of the 32 and 64 bit AppGameKit player executable's and change the icon to a .png file I had, great that all works. Or so I thought I uploaded a gzip to my itch.io page, downloaded it as a test and .exe's icons have revered back to the default.

How do I permanently set\embed an icon on these .exe's? I googled some and found a whole bunch of terminal commands and doing things in root that frankly I don't understand or maybe don't have the patience, is there a handy dandy tool like res-hacker for windows available for Linux?
nz0
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Aug 2017 01:35
Search for XNResourceEditor. I use this for Windows at least - maybe they have a Linux version?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 22:33:59
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 22:33:59