Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Repetitive bug: ALL segments go black in Test Run

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
So I think this issue might have been encountered by many people here and since I am starting to design my first level ever ,I would like to know how to EFFICIENTLY deal with that problem:

When I design a level and hit "Test Run" in the level editor, I am delivered to the level testing where all the segments go black in color and only entities appear normally ,and sometimes this would happen to entities too , so, what is the solution for that?
Tomik18
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Aug 2017 07:12 Edited at: 20th Aug 2017 07:14
you have light in room ? also check preferences in file menu Light shadows, Visuals
My PC specs: AMD FX 4300 3,80Ghz
8 GB RAM
GIGABYTE R9 280 Ultra Durable VGA 3GB
KingMassen
Years of Service
User Offline
No, I don't have lights ,just the ambience light but even though, why does it work sometimes and doesn't work on other occastions? Also, why would the entities only be lit if there is no light?

Concerning the preferences, That's what they are set to:

Lightning shadows: Best for performance (it gives me better quality and more realistic shadows)

Visuals: Full shader effects

Should I change these?
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Aug 2017 18:46
KingMassen What/which segments are you using? and with which shader?
If they are "black" when doing a test run it is almost always the shader or
not correct textures for that shader, one or the other
If the entities are "bright" when testing the shader again is the cause.
There is nothing wrong with that shader, you just need to correct the textures.
Most likely the "specular" is set to bright?
First, which segment is giving you problems? Is it stock or custom?
My games never have bugs. They just develop random features..
Lots and lots of random features...
KingMassen
Years of Service
User Offline
Stock and custom ... both give this problem ,,, I experience it with a lot of segments from different packs and also the stock ones ...

Btw. it doesn't always happen of course ... just sometimes ... probably because I change some files within the FPSC Files folder when the program is open?
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Aug 2017 20:39
Ah yes, you shouldn't move/change files with it open. If you can or want to, make a stock map (small - stock only ) of this black texture problem. Just post the map. I'll check if it happens on mine also?
My games never have bugs. They just develop random features..
Lots and lots of random features...
KingMassen
Years of Service
User Offline
OMG The problem returned even when I don't modify files It usually happens with the second test run ... and it even fucks up the saved map file So if I was near finishing my map and that problem happened ,I will have to start over again!

Haven't you people encountered something like that before? I mean no member here complained about it? Strange, I thought it's another common FPSC inconsistency thing ...
KingMassen
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Aug 2017 00:55 Edited at: 26th Aug 2017 00:57
LOL the problem disappeared when I added light in the level and when I removed the light and tested again ,it still doesn't occur ...

Anyway, since levels will have lighting most of the time and it really doesn't fuck up after building ,I guess I should ignore it ..

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 22:29:29
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 22:29:29