Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / need to show/declare Licenses or/and Credits

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Aug 2017 13:41 Edited at: 24th Aug 2017 07:40
Hi,

which Licenses and Credits I need to show/explain in my final soldable product please?

Ofcourse it is clear to me that I have to credit ppl or company for music and or graphic scores
if I used stuff from them and they allowed me to use it in my product - OR I paid for an usage
but required to print out the credits in my product.

the licensen and credits I ask here are the licenses and credits or AppGameKit itself. (for example for Ogg if ogg-music is used in app)

best regards
ghzero
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Aug 2017 15:06
for better understanding this Thread:
I am talking here about how to prevent copyright violences and lawers rule breaks.

Anyone who was going to publish an app and standing with his name and his possible (little or startup) company in public it is very important to harm not any rights instead you want to do anything correct
to build no surface for lawers to fight against you.

if anyone has some smart tips or so..please tell us.

Jambo B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Aug 2017 13:11
TGC doesn't require you to mention AppGameKit in your game (although it would be a nice bit of publicity for them if you did). You can use the ogg music format without attribution.

As for other assets such as graphics, music and sounds, terms and conditions for use vary very widely. The website where you bought your assets will have a licensing section which states how you can use them, and whether you need to credit/link to the website. Most paid assets bought 'royalty-free' don't need attribution, but it's worth checking - and emailing to ask the owner if the terms are not crystal clear.

Be aware of 'free' content, as there are sites which will offer 'free clipart' and such as clickbait. The owner of the assets in these cases is sometimes unclear, and could cause you problems later on. (I'm not saying this is always the case, but it pays to be smart about it.)

Hope this helps,

James

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-30 07:24:22
Your offset time is: 2024-09-30 07:24:22