Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Show us your finished games !

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Aug 2017 19:35 Edited at: 25th Aug 2017 01:03
Hi all, I'm writing down this thread because I have the feeling it would be great to share our old past games. It will give a chance to people (like me) who never played old FPSC games to discover them !
I don't have stuff older than two years, but you can find them on my Gamejolt page

Before you ask, my nickname on Gamejolt is inspired by John Romero and Uwe Boll.

Damage

That's a one-hour long sci-fi shooter both inspired by Star Wars and Quake. Developed from early September 2014 until late December of the same year.

Sleepers

Originally, it was just a one-map game made for a small contest on a french game making community, I wanted to turn this into a Terminator fan-game, but the lack
of suitable content and some real-life events prevented me to keep working on it.
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 24th Aug 2017 21:49 Edited at: 24th Aug 2017 21:51
Played them both. Impressive! I hope I can make a game that looks and plays as smooth.
Edit: I was amused to see my little GameSettings app in there. I forgot I had given it to s4real.
Characters. You build them a world and what do they do? They moonwalk, get stuck in the walls and fall through the floors!
Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Aug 2017 23:55
I just downloaded the two games from GameJolt and even signed up with my Google account. This looks interesting. I don't have any finished games that I would be allowed to show and for you guys to download because of copyright restrictions. They are educational games. That's why I do want to start focusing on a really fun game. One that is first person shooter person and role playing. In my WIP thread I will have videos and downloads of maps that I am working on. I am amazed at how fast the build goes with Black Ice Mod. I can't say enough about it. A lot of my RPG Mod coding was implemented into the last couple of versions of FPSC and then also in BIM. Now, I don't know if they used any code which was alright but the features or commands are the same except for the name. And example is I had RPG_musicoverride implemented some time ago which is the same without the RPG prefix. Even though there is no direct inventory or quest systems that I had, I can now easily script them keeping track with variables. There might also be some work arounds (the name of the game with FPSC-even more so with GG) I'll need to do.

I definitely will keep track of this thread and try to help keep it active.
When in doubt -- C4 hee-hee-hee
-Jamie Hyneman
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Aug 2017 00:37
@ Madcow02 Damage was great I loved it.
I don't remember "Sleepers" though. I'll have to check it out.
My games never have bugs. They just develop random features..
Lots and lots of random features...
Madcow02
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Aug 2017 01:17
For the record : Damage doesn't run with Black Ice Mod but with a good old 1.20 vanilla version of FPSC

xplosys wrote: "Played them both. Impressive! I hope I can make a game that looks and plays as smooth.
Edit: I was amused to see my little GameSettings app in there. I forgot I had given it to s4real."

Thanks ^^
Yep, so far I've included your app in every game I've released, I think it gives to the games a more serious feel to them.

Flatlander wrote: " I don't have any finished games that I would be allowed to show and for you guys to download because of copyright restrictions"

Because of the music ? Why not replacing the audio files by blank ones ?

ncmako wrote: " Damage was great I loved it. "

I'm pretty satisfied by what I've done with Damage, my only regret is its lack of music, tho'.

Nodoby has an old playable game to show ? Come on !
xplosys, aren't you around since at least ten years ? You never relead a single game, yet ?
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 25th Aug 2017 01:54
11 years and no, I have not. Whether it's because I'm an "A" type personality and nothing is ever good enough or because I have a problem finishing things, I don't know. Pick one.
I released a couple of things, though not what I would call a game. Hypnagogia was a 2 or 3 level game-ette and there were other single level demos. Back in the day I was more about creating content and apps than games.
Characters. You build them a world and what do they do? They moonwalk, get stuck in the walls and fall through the floors!
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Aug 2017 22:15
Same here Madcow, I've finished several games, but never published/posted them. I always felt they weren't up to par
I'm always struggling to come up with better ideas, game-play or level layout.
And now that I'm older it seems to be getting harder... Really, I almost kicked the bucket last year, and now I'm just
happy to be able to script or model. It keeps my brain going.......I think
My games never have bugs. They just develop random features..
Lots and lots of random features...
Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Aug 2017 23:13
Flatlander wrote: " I don't have any finished games that I would be allowed to show and for you guys to download because of copyright restrictions"

Madcow2 wrote: "Because of the music ? Why not replacing the audio files by blank ones ? "

That would have been a good idea if it were the music. However, it is because I created and actually sold outright the educational "games" to "clients." Both School and businesses that wanted to teach certain things a fun way. I no longer have them available and I would have to get permission if I did.

Xplosys, if you would like to share videos of your completed game-ettes I wouldn't mind taking a look.

Madcow2, if I can find some old maps or demos would you consider that worthy of posting in this thread?
When in doubt -- C4 hee-hee-hee
-Jamie Hyneman
KingMassen
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Aug 2017 01:03 Edited at: 26th Aug 2017 01:07
I am too young here so I have none ,but I've started to work on something a couple of days ago and hope it really comes out with acceptable quality

I don't know but if I can't manage to do something a little lengthy ,I might leave it forever ... I guess I am an "A" guy too like xplosys lol ... I mean something as long as Like Clay (4 hours long with fast gameplay) would be good .. and maybe after that I will see if I can make more much shorter games ...
Mriganka
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Aug 2017 12:53
@Everyone Why not post everything that you have built here?
Madcow02
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Aug 2017 08:37
Quote: "Madcow2, if I can find some old maps or demos would you consider that worthy of posting in this thread? "

Don't ask, just do it !

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-16 14:40:04
Your offset time is: 2024-04-16 14:40:04