Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Media missing in Aug16/17 build iOS player

Author
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Aug 2017 01:36
Hi there,

I've recently been testing some new stuff that I have written using the recent update of the toolkit, and for some reason, my images in the Media folder are no longer being loaded or displayed using the new iOS player. If i build the app on the PC and run it, no problem. But broadcasting it to my iPhone, only shows a small white square in the middle of the screen instead of my large image sprite?

This was working in previous versions of the player, so something's changed.

Thanks.

Paul.
MikeHart
AGK Bronze Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
What file type is missing? There is a bug with mp3 files at the moment.
Running Windows 7 Home, 64 bit, 8 GB ram, Athlon II X2 255, ATI Radeon HD 4200. Using AGK2 Tier 1.
APEXnow
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Aug 2017 13:38 Edited at: 27th Aug 2017 17:19
Well, presently, I'm using .PNG files. One thing I have not yet tried, is to resize the images because I'm wondering if this is an issue with allocating and storing images that must have a size to the power of 2. I.e. 8x8, 16x16 etc. I'll test this hypothesis and come back with what I find.

[EDIT] After resizing the first .PNG image (Splash) to 1024x1024, it unfortunately still appears not to display. I need to determine if this is a display problem, or that the images are actually missing.

[EDIT] I have tested this with the latest Android player as well, and this also exhibits the same problem. Has the "Media" folder structure changed or something that I've overlooked?

[EDIT] After doing more investigating, I think the problem doesn't stem from image loading after all. I think the problem maybe to do with FileRead because I'm using an assets file to preload images, and this is what is now failing to load.

Paul.
APEXnow
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Aug 2017 17:45
Right, it turns out this is not a bug after all. The FileRead function has now become Case Sensitive with filenames.

For example, if you have a text file called "Assets.xf" in your media folder, and you use the following command to access it:

The FileRead function will return 0 because the file name does not match. I had to rename my file to all lower case letters. Something to bare in mind when using Asset description files.

Paul.
MikeHart
AGK Bronze Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
And keep in mind that mobile platforms are case sensitive regarding filenames. Even when you use them directly.
Running Windows 7 Home, 64 bit, 8 GB ram, Athlon II X2 255, ATI Radeon HD 4200. Using AGK2 Tier 1.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-30 07:25:29
Your offset time is: 2024-09-30 07:25:29