Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Default camera position??

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Aug 2017 12:05
Hi,

I'm a bit confused here...

The Manual says:
"SetCameraPosition(cameraID, x, y, z ) By default cameras are positioned at 0,0,0. "
"SetCameraRotation(cameraID, angx, angy, angz) By default cameras are created with the angles 0,0,0 in the order YXZ"

But the short piece of code below reports:
camx=0, camy= 10, camz= -20, camangleX= 26.565050 , so not (0,0,0) and angle 0.
objectx,y,z are correct, but objectangleX= -0.000, which is odd?

So not at all that default.

Of course if I change these values to the default ones in the manual then the object is of course no longer in view, which sort of makes more sense.
Could this be a residu of debugging by the AppGameKit development team or is this intentional?

Can anybody confirm this is a bug or intentional?

Kind regards & thanks,

Rick Nasher

PartTimeCoder
AGK Tool Maker
Years of Service
Recently Online
Posted: 31st Aug 2017 13:39
I can confirm the camera position and angle are not default to 0,0,0, but to be honest this suits me as for creating a quick test object the camera is in the right location to view it.

when working in 3D I add this function to move the camera to a decent viewing position

Rick Nasher
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Aug 2017 18:58
Thanks for the confirmation and sharing code. Would be good for AppGameKit to add this to the manual then. For I'm pretty sure when more people start using 3d they will stumble on it.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-03 00:48:15
Your offset time is: 2024-05-03 00:48:15