Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Madcow's shaderworks

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Sep 2017 10:15 Edited at: 1st Sep 2017 20:13
Hello, as you may have noriced by playing my games, shaders play an important part in my projects. I've collected several tutorials and hints that Bond1 has scattered all over the forums, by practicing and learning during several years, I've gained rather considerable skills in shadermaps. . So I thought it would have been a good idea to create a thread in which I'd show you my past and present work !

There is not much to show however, because most of the time I do my shadermaps "on the fly", during my gameprojects.

Various walls and floor.
You might know the first image shown below since it will be featured in an hypotetical texture pack of mine. The rectangular diffuse tiles texture has been made from a texture from CGTextures, its specular from a metal specular found (but modified to give it a square shape and make it seamless) in FPSC's stock files and applied over the diffuse, while the normal map is just a 2 color version of the diffuse turned into a normal.
The hexagonal floor tiles however, were originally a Metro Theater texture, I've cleaned it up to suit my needs, then I've used a specular map from the same pack (the original was using a diffuse as it) and the normal map had to be created from scratch (Metro Teather's segments shader do not support normal maps).

Prop(s)
This one has been made for a Metro Theater's prop that is part of a staircase. The diffuse texture had shading and baked light in it : it shouldn't have, a diffuse texture is supposed to be free of any kind of shading or lighting so I've tried the best I can to remove this. Same for the specular. The normal map was made from a 2-color variation of the diffusemap.

Organic/Cloth
The shaded Giza Guard have been acheived by using his diffuse and normal maps provided with Gameguru's Free DLC, the specular map is custom made, using tweaked parts of the diffuse for jewelry and applying a blue filter then a lot of grain to the previously gray-scaled skin parts. I haven't done much on Bond1's medieval hands : all I had to do was to use the correct maps that there were scattered all along the gamecore files and tweak the specular map a bit.

That's all for now, thanks for reading, feel free to comment.
Internet Thug.
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Sep 2017 11:03
Macow02 Great work, Love the glove texture, looks very realistic.
Yes, the tutorials from Bond1 and others are slowly disappearing, but his
were some of the best on texturing.
My games never have bugs. They just develop random features..
Lots and lots of random features...
Madcow02
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Sep 2017 06:37 Edited at: 2nd Sep 2017 06:39
Disappearing ?
You can still find on the forums, the thing is that they scattered a bit everywhere, some are in some threads askings for help for shaders !

This one is his most useful tutorial
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Gqp4bNJ52M

( I still don't know how to embed videos in my posts )
Internet Thug.
Mriganka
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Sep 2017 12:33
Madcow, use the part after watch?v= (here 5Gqp4bNJ52M) in the video>youtube tags like -

5Gqp4bNJ52M > Select the text ? Youtube tag

It will be something like -

[vi deo=youtube]5Gqp4bNJ52M[/vi deo] (spaces included for the tag to not work)
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Sep 2017 13:40
@ Madcow02 Yes, that video is very good at demonstrating how to setup ones textures.
I still use his tip from that video on "edge detect" to sharpen the edges
My games never have bugs. They just develop random features..
Lots and lots of random features...

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 11:55:20
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 11:55:20