Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / AGK2's Command List, in 3 columns on 8 pages, a PDF file made for printing to review and mark|note.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Sep 2017 02:13 Edited at: 4th Sep 2017 17:59
I simply find it easier to print so I can review the command list and make notes as I use the engine/API/etc.
--
Sure it's easy enough to make your own, but this will save you the time.
3 columns, 8 pages ... quick and easy.. so expect to see a few line returns/wraps.

// Edit: I attached the file, but the post required review due to my status of being new here..meaning I couldn't verify the attachment, I made a reply post trying to attach the file, but that also went into review.
*sigh* HOPEFULLY, the attachment shows whenever that post is allowed. :/

Attachments

Login to view attachments
=PRoF=
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Sep 2017 11:17
Did you mean to attach something to this post? :/
spaceName
Years of Service
User Offline
I did attach the pdf.. but could not verify the attachment as the post required 'review' due to my new status. Anyhow, the system failed to attach. :/
Let's try it again, check for attachment on this post.

Attachments

spaceName
Years of Service
User Offline
@ = PRoF= ..
I was just shown text, before my posts were eaten for review..

"Files already attached will be shown shortly"
So the file is attached, but AppGameKit team and their system are making me look like a fool
=PRoF=
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Sep 2017 10:15
I see it now, the review thing is handy to stop spambots and other assorted forum menaces. It doesn't last forever. You'll be through it soon enough
ShaunRW
DBPro Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Sep 2017 10:43
This is a good idea! You could also include the return types / parameters and their types.
Kevin Cross
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Sep 2017 15:39
If someone was to print this out it might make more sense to have them in alphabetical order like an index page(s) at the back of a book. You currently have A through to G in the first column across multiple pages, G to S in the second column and then S to W in the third column. Hope that makes sense. I'd expect to see A through to D on the first page across 3 columns.
blink0k
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Sep 2017 00:41
Richard Vanner did something like this (see attached)

Attachments

Kevin Cross
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Sep 2017 17:04
For an up to date list showing the parameters and what's returned for each function you could also look at the main.agc.tags file in the Editor folder and maybe write a little script to sort and format it.

C:\Program Files\The Game Creators\AGK2\Tier 1\Editor\data\tags\main.agc.tags
Kevin Cross
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Sep 2017 12:24 Edited at: 7th Sep 2017 12:58
I wanted to see if I could format the main.agc.tags file to get a 3 column file using AppGameKit, and here's the code to do it:

I love AppGameKit!

This reads the main.agc.tags file and creates an HTML file with 3 columns, it shows the type the function returns, the function name and the parameters it accepts. When you look at the web page you will see all of the A's in the first column when you scroll down but when you print preview it (landscape) you will see that the A's are on the first page in all 3 columns like a book index page.

You could adapt it even more with CSS styles but the version above creates a basic version. You may want to change the save path to somewhere outside of the AppGameKit install folder.

I noticed that some of the lines are quite long when they have a dozen parameters. You could tidy it up a bit by removing the types against each parameter i.e. changing this:

CreatePulleyJoint(integer iJointIndex, integer iSpriteIndex1, integer, iSpriteIndex2, float gnd1x, float gnd1y, float gnd2x, float gnd2y, float a1x, float a1y, float a2x, float a2y, float ratio, integer colConnected)

to this:

CreatePulleyJoint(iJointIndex, iSpriteIndex1, iSpriteIndex2, gnd1x, gnd1y, gnd2x, gnd2y, a1x, a1y, a2x, a2y, ratio, colConnected)

If so just change these 3 lines to replace the strings with nothing instead of the lower case versions:

parameters$ = ReplaceString(parameters$, "Float", "", -1)
parameters$ = ReplaceString(parameters$, "Integer", "", -1)
parameters$ = ReplaceString(parameters$, "String", "", -1)
Jerry McGuire
Years of Service
User Offline
Wow! Thank you all. Pretty useful stuff @blink0k
iMac Book Pro, MacOS 10.12.4, Xcode 8.3.3;
iPhone 6, iOS 9.35; iPhone 5s, iOS 9.35; iPad (3rd gen), iOS 9.35;

Dell Precision T7400, Windows 7 Professional 64bit, Visual Studio Community 2015;

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 13:15:59
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 13:15:59