Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / chardecal and nonchardecal

Author
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Sep 2017 19:07
Are these used in this mod? If so I need a refresher course on how to use them. They would be used in the gunspecs.txt.
When in doubt -- C4 hee-hee-hee
-Jamie Hyneman
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Sep 2017 11:39
Flatlander
Quote: "Are these used in this mod?"

Yes, these can still be used as before. Decals can be numbered rundecal=1 thru 6 and 7 is used for decal particles.

For characters there is "decal0=red & decal1=blood " for shot damage & blood effect. These are kind of hard coded, but
easy to change by swapping textures. I believe the Official Comm. Guide goes into depth on these ( should be in your "doc's" folder)

For "gunspec" one can use "smoke1 & smoke2" (also hard coded) but you can use alternate decal by using "smokedecal = filepath"
best
My games never have bugs. They just develop random features..
Lots and lots of random features...
Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Sep 2017 15:43
Thanks my friend.
THEORY - you know everything but nothing works. PRACTICE - when everything works but don't know why.
For me, theory and practice are combined: nothing works and I don't know why.
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Sep 2017 23:33
@ Flatlander Just in-case you might have missed these, here is a list of some "new" commands S4Real
hard coded into BlackIce mod. Some are very useful, like the top two "setsyncrate=X: X= the amount of framerate you like.
works like a charm, and also reflection=X: for a mirror like reflection-an example map is included with BIM"
I know you like RPG so some of these might come in handy, like being able to attach a light to an entity/character...
My games never have bugs. They just develop random features..
Lots and lots of random features...
Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Sep 2017 05:43
Again, thanks for watching my back. I will copy and paste into notepad. I am looking forward to checking out those commands. I am sure I will use them. Of course, I like RPG_Mod because I created it. I spent a whole year (full time) developing it. In fact a lot of the commands in BIM I had in RPG_Mod back in 2008-2009. I am so grateful that they made it, one way or the other, into BIM and this is why I probably like BIM so much. What really pops is the graphics, shaders and lightmapping. It has improved FPSC greatly. Those are parts of the engine I really couldn't touch. It takes someone a lot smarter than me to bring it up to the quality it has now. Big Kudos to Nomad and S4Real.

Oh, that funny little command -- GETCINEMATICHANDS was created by me and I think was the very last new command in v1.20 and was in the last beta. I created it because a very talented and famous modeler -- famous to FPSC anyway -- wanted to create hands that would perform in repetition and also would not be a part of the weapons slots. Along with STARTCINEMATICHANDS it could be a very useful way to do things with the hands as in Role Playing. I had a demo video where the player went into a room which looked the part as a bar. So if the player bellies up to the bar, the bartender, who kind of looks like Rick Astley, asks what he wants. He takes the bottle of beer and soon is lifting it up to his mouth. Of course you can't see his head or mouth but that is what one assumes. Without the player doing anything this animation is happening. In fact he will swig the beer two or three times in a row. Soon we are Rick Rolled. :LOL: This was simply a funny way to present the new command. It is totally up to the developer to create or find hand animations. Like drinking a magic potion, pushing buttons, or unscrewing the screw to a panel box. Here I go again. Talk, talk, talk! Better quit.
THEORY - you know everything but nothing works. PRACTICE - when everything works but don't know why.
For me, theory and practice are combined: nothing works and I don't know why.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 05:20:50
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 05:20:50