Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / AGK won't launch after power outage?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Sep 2017 20:48 Edited at: 7th Sep 2017 21:03
This is a bit odd. My power went out for a few minutes while I was working on an AppGameKit project. Now, whenever I try to launch AppGameKit it immediately crashes with an "AGK.exe has stopped working" error message. I've tried verifying the install integrity from Steam as well as uninstalling and reinstalling AGK. Same results. Any ideas? Everything else seems to be working normally. I'm on Windows 10 Home x64.

[EDIT] Fixed it. It had to do with AppGameKit trying to re-open the project on launch. Something got corrupted I guess. I renamed the folder that contains the project and that seems to have solved it.
PartTimeCoder
AGK Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Sep 2017 21:12 Edited at: 7th Sep 2017 21:12
That happened to me a few weeks ago, it corrupted the main file of the project and would crash when trying to load it, had a job to get AppGameKit restarted.

Dam Electricity Meter!!
hendron
Years of Service
User Offline
Ouch, yeah it sucks when something like that happens! Luckily my files seem to be unharmed as I'm able to open the project fine after renaming the folder. Good reminder to back up projects twice as often as I feel is necessary, haha.
Stab in the Dark software
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Badges, I don't need no stinkin badges
Posted: 7th Sep 2017 21:51
Surge Protector with battery back up
The coffee is lovely dark and deep,and I have code to write before I sleep.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-30 07:21:14
Your offset time is: 2024-09-30 07:21:14