Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / [BUG] Gyro sensors not being released on END

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Sep 2017 23:02
Hi Paul,

A couple of questions on the issues raised in this thread (POSSIBLE BUG?: Exported APK failed to detect gyroscope?)

I use an AIO Android VR Headset running Android 5.1 NIBIRU VR interface. (MagicSee M1 NIBIRU Version 2.1, I will have the MagicSee M2 & M3 NIBIRU V3 in a week or two, so I will have to see if this issue continues)

Running the compiled APK starts and reads the Gyro sensors correctly. The app works as designed and as it does In the AppGameKit Player.

On app exit, however, 'END' command, the app doesn’t appear to actually end the app, I know this is common on Android devices and the apps may be suspended or hidden but it also appears the AppGameKit APK is not releasing the gyro sensors.

The main NIBIRU interface no longer responds to device rotation, and the device must be either rebooted. Or use the NIBIRU hardware command button to end the app instead.

If I use the NIBIRU Hardware button to end the app, the Gyro appears to be released and the NIBIRU interface works correctly, however the next time I load my app (APK) the Gyro is over sensitive like its reporting at twice the normal rate, for example 180 physical rotation shows in the app as 360
Could this be a bug in AppGameKit?

If I reboot it all works correctly again.

And my other question, In Android, on resume from suspending or hide, where is the entry point? Does the app jump directly into the loop or run all the code from the start of the code file?

Thanks.
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Sep 2017 15:10
AGK disables the sensors when the app is paused and sent to the background, this includes calling the End command. I haven't seen this problem on any other Android devices so it might be a bug in the way this device handles app events.

When an app is resumed it continues from where it left off, unless it was killed by the operating system, in which case it starts from the beginning again.
SteveMc
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Sep 2017 12:18
Ok Thanks Paul,

I'll see how it operates on the updated hardware when it arrives.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 10:07:07
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 10:07:07