Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / [BUG] Android Oreo - Device Orientation

Author
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Sep 2017 13:39
There is possibly a bug with the latest version of AppGameKit running on Android Oreo. Can anyone confirm this?

I don't have a device running Oreo myself but one of my testers does and he is reporting that the game isn't changing orientation properly. If the game starts in Portrait 1 and then changed to Landscape 1 it doesn't change - Landscape 2 does work as expected. If the game is started in Landscape 1 then the opposite is true - Portrait 1 doesn't change orientation but Portrait 2 does.

Thanks.
E
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Sep 2017 16:58
Just tested with a device running Android 7.0 and all 4 orientations seem to work. Are you trying to limit the orientation to certain rotations?
Ian Rees
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Sep 2017 17:11
Hi Paul - thanks for the reply.

The orientation switching works fine on Android 7 - the problem occurred when my tester upgraded his phone to Android 8. He has a Nexus 6P.

The code allows all orientations - SetOrientationAllowed(1, 1, 1, 1) - but does limit the orientation briefly while the screen is redrawn. So if it was in landscape and the device is rotated to portrait then SetOrientationAllowed(1, 1, 0, 0) and vice versa.

Thanks.
E
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Sep 2017 17:24
If my device gets the update I'll test it on Android 8.0, until then I'm not sure what could be causing it.
Ian Rees
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Sep 2017 17:28
OK - thanks Paul.

In the meantime - I will consider not allow orientation switching from my main screen - where the game will start in the orientation the device is held in for now (which does work OK). We plan to release our game to iOS and Android very soon.

Thanks.
E

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 06:08:45
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 06:08:45