Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit/AppGameKit Studio Showcase / ChastiKey - Made with AGK2

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Oct 2017 11:51 Edited at: 5th Oct 2017 12:20
Because of the nature of the app I'm not going to provide links to the store. I just wanted to show some screenshots of an app that was created in AppGameKit and maybe fish for my first badge, the developer badge

It's a non-game app, something that I enjoy making more than games as I'm not very good with graphics or even game ideas.

I'm quite happy that I've got a relatively professional looking non-game tool built in a game engine. There's still more features that I want to add and changes to be made so it's not a finished project but it is out there being used.

Thank you to the few forum members that helped and replied to my posts with problems like QR codes and sprite shaders etc.

Kevin Cross
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Oct 2017 12:14
Images resized now. Some were taken from AppGameKit player and some on the device which is why they're not all the same size.
smallg
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Oct 2017 12:17
uhm what does it do?
life's one big game
spec= 4ghz, 16gb ram, AMD R9 2700 gpu
Kevin Cross
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Oct 2017 12:30 Edited at: 5th Oct 2017 12:40
It's for a particular fetish so won't go into the details here. But how I described it on the store page is that it stores and hide combinations that you've set your locks and personal safes to, for a variable or fixed duration of time. You put something in a digital safe, the app gives you a combination to set that safe too and then once closed the app keeps the combination hidden until a later date/time. When you get that item back depends on the settings you chose when setting up the lock.

At the end of the store description I mention that it could be used to store anything you don't want access too for a duration of time. For example you could lock away your credit card to stop you from spending on it for a month.
Supertino
Years of Service
User Offline
Kevin Cross
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Oct 2017 13:00
@Supertino, yes and no. Inside the app there's nothing r rated within it, not even text. I've done my best to keep it that way, including the store description. It does unfortunately mean that a lot of people download it and uninstall it because they don't understand it but I expect that.

The purpose of this thread was to show some screenshots of a non game app made in AppGameKit I understand that this isn't the best place to go into more detail about the app itself.
Ian Rees
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Oct 2017 13:02
Congratulations! Really nice interface Kevin - very smart looking. Great job.

You've got the curious twitching...
E
Kevin Cross
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Oct 2017 13:07
Thanks Ian
janbo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Oct 2017 16:52 Edited at: 5th Oct 2017 18:21
Incredible ! looks and behaves as good or better than the original android interfaces.
Did you made a library for that ?
Also how did you made the radial progress bars...with a shader ?
PartTimeCoder
AGK Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Oct 2017 17:06
Hmmm, this app makes me think of my ex-wife!

+1 on the interface comments, it looks very professional, nice job Kevin.
Kevin Cross
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Oct 2017 17:57 Edited at: 5th Oct 2017 17:59
@Janbo, I haven't built a library and I'm not really sure what a library should look like to make something publicly available but I've written a lot of functions to make it really easy for me to set up new screens when needed. Not sure it's good enough to be classed as a library for others to easily use though. Maybe that should be my next project after I've made some more improvements to this app. It sounds like an interesting project. And yeah you helped with the shader I think. Thank you I was going to use 360 images to create the radial bars >.<

And thanks PartTimeCoder!
Kevin Cross
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Oct 2017 19:16 Edited at: 5th Oct 2017 19:20
Here's an example of how easy it is to calling and reacting to alert windows in my code anytime I need one:

While I have a simplish ways of adding other interface items like the top bar and pinning text to sprites etc. it will need some re-work to have one function that does it. Is that the kind of things you'd expect though?

I did find a word wrap function on these boards which I modified and used in this app. I've shared my version here: http://www.kevincross.co.uk/agk-function-wraptext

A simple call like this will wrap large amounts of text and store it in the one text variable

Apologies for the code on my site being all black text with no colouring. I know I can modify the plugin to make it colourful like the one in the AppGameKit help pages but don't really have the patience or time to do it.
janbo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Oct 2017 19:44 Edited at: 5th Oct 2017 19:46
Yeah but I would expect "alert.buttonPressed" being a function that you call.
Maybe like so:

Basically you want to design your lib so nobody needs to have access to the variables directly.
Right now there is a thread that is discussing things like that: Returning a Type in a function
Kevin Cross
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Oct 2017 19:49
Ok yeah I get what you mean and thanks for the pointer
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Oct 2017 08:53 Edited at: 6th Oct 2017 08:54
Nice example of a professional looking interface.
I have similar needs (interfaces not fetishes!) and often struggle to get the right design.
I'm working next on a mobile control for an app that is presented on a projector. This has given me some nice ideas.

(badge added)
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur
TutCity is being rebuilt
Kevin Cross
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Oct 2017 11:32
Thanks for the badge BatVink!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 08:31:56
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 08:31:56