Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers AppGameKit Corner / I am a new member looking for help

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello all I am a new member so do not know how active the forum is looking forward to help from everyone. thank you very much
Green7
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Oct 2017 08:31
Hello!
This Forum is very active, and if you need help: just ask. But it is recommended to try on your own first, and search the forum for solutions. The peoples around here will not do all the work for you, but will help you if you get stuck. act like a grown up, help others and state clearly what you need.
CJB
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Oct 2017 14:02
Welcome duncanshin! Looking forward to seeing what you do with AppGameKit!
Supertino
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Oct 2017 16:18 Edited at: 6th Oct 2017 16:19
@duncanshin there are a lot of old time geezers around here full of knowledge & tales of how it was better in the old days, if you butter them up the right way and put some effort into your posts when asking for help then help with appear as if by magic. Post code when even possible pseudo or real and used lots of emoji's are my top tips.
Dybing
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Oct 2017 20:28
Quote: "there are a lot of old time geezers around here full of knowledge & tales of how it was better in the old days"

Nononono, kids these days have it much better. When I was a wee lad, we had to code in assembler if wanting to do anything more complex than 'Hello World'. We had no IDEs or fancy debuggers. Memory was measured in kilobytes, and you'd be lucky to have double-digits of them. Think spinning hard-disks are slow? Try loading and saving using audio-casette tape!!! Also, we walked to school. Uphill. Both ways!

duncanshin
Years of Service
User Offline
Thank You Bro ^^
PartTimeCoder
AGK Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Oct 2017 18:33
Quote: "Nononono, kids these days have it much better. When I was a wee lad,"

Yea, I wrote my first program on a ZX Spectrum with code from a geek magazine at the age of 9, a blue square that was chased by a red square, it was no comprehensible language just a series of numbers and symbols it took ages, with tools like AppGameKit I can write a full on physics game in the same time, what I'd give to be 9 again!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-16 19:38:19
Your offset time is: 2024-04-16 19:38:19