Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
User Banned
Posted: 8th Oct 2017 10:10
Hello

I am an indie developer and have been working with AppGameKit for the last couple of years for small projects and I absolutely love the product, I came from AMOS, so this little Gem is 2nd nature and the one and only for me.

Next on the bucket list is VR headset (maybe for xmas) and the new bundles thats coming out for it, Sounds bundle, VR, Visual Editor etc

Wow - you have come a long way - keep up the awseome work TGC

Lets make 2018 a very special one for getting games onto the market place

D
Dybing
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Oct 2017 20:29
Oooh, another AMOS veteran

Welcome
Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Oct 2017 22:15 Edited at: 8th Oct 2017 22:15
Quote: "Next on the bucket list is VR headset"

lol

You guys are going to go cross-eyed using those things. (screens are way too close to the eyes)

Welcome to the forums puzzler!

Coding things my way since 1981 -- Currently using AppGameKit V2 Tier 1
puzzler2018
User Banned
Posted: 11th Oct 2017 19:25
Thanks

Does anyone like the old favourites then, Amiga, Spectrum etc. just curious if an emulator could be created in AGK. Or am I just going to be getting myself into a copyright IP mess

I loved the Spectrum editor - so making a look and feel editor similar to it, and indeed having the spectrum commands to create good old retro games always liked the thought of bringing that
back to life - similar with Amiga's AMOS - to making the good old retro games come back to life in the 21st century lol

D
Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Oct 2017 01:26 Edited at: 12th Oct 2017 01:47
Quote: "Does anyone like the old favourites then, Amiga, Spectrum etc. just curious if an emulator could be created in AGK. Or am I just going to be getting myself into a copyright IP mess"

Video Game EMULATION is covered under "fair use".

Quote: "According to all legal precedents, emulation is legal within the United States."

That is why MAME and Retro Uprising have flourished rather than being shut down.

As long as it is 'not-for-profit' then you should be okay, as video game emulation is the only way to preserve games that were originally released on hardware that is no longer being produced.

Coding things my way since 1981 -- Currently using AppGameKit V2 Tier 1
puzzler2018
User Banned
Posted: 13th Oct 2017 20:26
Cheers

Im going to plan to do a RockMan (Spectrum) re-make for Xmas

Love boulder dash games
D
puzzler2018
User Banned
Posted: 13th Oct 2017 20:53
I might be over adventuring myself, but games could become nice to have option modes, either 2D / Isometric / 3D / Virtual all built into one.

Now that is a really good idea!!(will take long time to develop) but I think people will like it as to been given a choice on how to play

D
puzzler2018
User Banned
Posted: 21st Oct 2017 11:59
i have decided to create a 3D game engine within itself

- Object creator
- Texture modeller
- Terrain modeller
- Movements (player / enemy)
- Fades / 3D particles and such like
- AI
- Title screen designer
- Export to AppGameKit (which will wriite all the AppGameKit code for the game you create with it)

plus much more

Coming Autumn 2018
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Oct 2017 14:23
MuckyPaws did a faithful reproduction of Manic Miner, so it is all possible

Freely downloadable - https://jasebrooks.wordpress.com/2015/06/07/manic-miner-reloaded-and-updated/
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur
TutCity is being rebuilt
puzzler2018
User Banned
Posted: 21st Oct 2017 14:29
Brings back memories

Yeah Ive seen that tutorial on how this was been produced somewhere on the web

Thank you TGC for building a great awesome AppGameKit and giving us the tools to make these productions possible again

I take my hat off to Paul

Well done

puzzler2018
User Banned
Posted: 27th Oct 2017 20:58
To the thanks of Paul and brining in 3D particles sometime back, i have created a few nice 3d particle objects, a nice candle + fireplace, somewhere - ill post if can find them
puzzler2018
User Banned
Posted: 27th Oct 2017 21:40
Also I feel - forgive me if im incorrect, but to become a good programmer - is to learn ourselves, by using the F1 button

not - i need something fixing and we provide the solutions- never learn anything if others do things for others

At work - i always get, this and that is not working.... I ask to reboot... It works after that.

Its all about learning... So before posting for a quick fix -press the F1

I have seen so many repetitive similar queries - all can be resolved by the help feature.

Pfaber1
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jan 2018 19:53
I had an Atari 520ste and stos software which was the Atari version of Amos. Awesome. Had AGK2 for 9 days now and ploughing through my first app. Should be done in a week or two. Loving it so far.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 08:52:51
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 08:52:51