Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Multi-touch and GetPointer

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Does AGK2 works well with multi-touch? I'm wondering if we touch in 2 different places, what info would we get on GetPointerX(). Anyone has tested this before?

Thanks!
blink0k
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Oct 2017 03:08
this was posted in another thread
Mobiius
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Oct 2017 09:07
Multitouch works quite well, and will detect up to 10 (?) simultaneous touch events.
GetPointerX/Y detects the last touch location. The explanation above is quite good though.
Click here for VR Legend of Zelda stuff
Richard_6
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Oct 2017 12:43 Edited at: 16th Oct 2017 12:44
Thank you, guys. I'll test this out!

Btw, if any of you have experience exporting to iOS I appreciate if you could help me in this thread.
Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Oct 2017 22:40
lol

Glad I looked at this thread.

I didn't know about the different multi touch commands like GetRawTouchTime()

I was using a regular timer to code my swipe detection, and it had a built in one for that the whole time!

lol

I guess I need to read about all of the commands, instead of just the ones I need at the time, if I am ever going to be an AppGameKit master.

I get side tracked when I try though, because some of the commands make me want to go and try them out, then I don't get back to reading the list.

I was shocked the other day to learn we can have 100 virtual buttons, because I was thinking 12 was the limit for some reason.

It is hard for me to keep up with all the new commands and updates, but that is a good thing. (keep us learning Paul)

Coding things my way since 1981 -- Currently using AppGameKit V2 Tier 1

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 23:24:50
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 23:24:50