Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / [BUG] SetSunActive breaks after switching apps in Android

Author
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Oct 2017 17:43 Edited at: 14th Oct 2017 17:50
I've been using the 'Sun' and 'Shadow' commands in my most recent app and have come across some odd behaviour. They work perfectly until you hit the 'home' button or switch to another app in Android, and then switch back. It acts like the sun has been turned off but even putting a SetSunActive(1) in the main loop won't turn it back on.

This applies to apps being broadcast to the AppGameKit Player or being run from an APK.

The following code demonstrates the problem.

Attached are screenshots demonstrating how it looks when first run, and then when switching away and back to the app.

UPDATE:
After some more testing, it appears to be linked to the SetShadowMappingMode() command. As soon as I use that command (with Uniform, LiPSM, or Cascade shadows) the problem occurs. If I don't use that command everything works as expected.

Chart data provided with kind permission from ELSPA

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Oct 2017 15:40
Thanks, fixed for the next version

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 12:05:33
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 12:05:33