Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers AppGameKit Corner / AGK Community edition vs AGK - what's the difference?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Oct 2017 20:23
What is the difference between AppGameKit and "AGK Community Edition"?

My last purchase was AGK2 (product name AppGameKit on 01/05/2016) which I have not had an opportunity to use for long while.
Now I want to update it but I'm unsure which to download, community vs non-community.

The IDE "About box" shows v 2.0.16. (2015/12/12 build date).

What should I update to?
What do I need to do to support steam?

In case it matters, I'll be running it on Windows 10. Anything I should know?

Thank you very much.

Dybing
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Oct 2017 23:19
Community Editions usually means free and some functionality is disabled. So you go for the full version - which currently is AGK2 2017.09.25

Don't know how AGK2 works on Steam download - I assume like any other piece of software you buy there - you get the latest version when downloading, and it'll upgrade automatically unless you disable upgrades for it.

Me, I download directly from The Game Creators website - and usually a few weeks after release of new version so as to let the bugs settle first. I am not sure if that option is available to those that bought AppGameKit from Steam though. Which I did not.
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Oct 2017 10:28
"Community Edition" is V1. You will see that the version numbers end at 108.24.
AppGameKit will be (I think) V2. I have "AGK V2 - Kickstarter Pledgers", so I can't say for sure.
As Dybing says, you should see 2017.09.25 in that section.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur
TutCity is being rebuilt

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 15:33:01
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 15:33:01