Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / RewardedAds Working?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Oct 2017 23:23
Hello,

While I was broadcasting my app to my devices, the rewardedvideoads would occasionally work. However, publishing an IPA / APK with the same code yields no ads loading in my game. Does anyone know if there is an issue with the code or can give me a suggestion? I followed the code as in the AppGameKit guide.

Thank you!

smallg
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Oct 2017 18:09
make sure you aren't trying to call test ads
Quote: "SetAdMobTesting
Sets whether the AdMob ads will be test ads or paying ads. This should be called before SetAdMobDetails to ensure all ads are test ads. By default paying ads will be shown. Note that at the current time test mode does not appear to be working with AdMob reward videos, they will fail to load. This may be fixed by AdMob in the future. Note that if you display paying ads when testing you must not click on them or your AdMob account may be suspended. "
life's one big game
spec= 4ghz, 16gb ram, AMD R9 2700 gpu
nickshepherd
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Oct 2017 00:38
I'm using both admob and chartboost, both of which are set to real ads. I'm seeing calls in my accounts but when I test the apps on devices I get 0 for the getrewardedvideoadloaded.
nickshepherd
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Oct 2017 23:20
I have been speaking with representatives from Chartboost and Admob. I think it must be a flaw in the AppGameKit software. Can anyone verify they have non-test ads functioning in a published game?
=PRoF=
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Oct 2017 08:12
I have AdMob rewarded videos in my Best Night Light app on Google Play.
smallg
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Nov 2017 10:28 Edited at: 1st Nov 2017 19:42
edit; working now, i just skipped checking if the video is loaded or not and it appears correctly again
i linked my app from the store via admob (you can set it in the admob site to reward ads, it'll then generate a code/id for you to put into your game code
(use the code that looks like this; SetAdMobRewardAdDetails("ca-app-pub-1234567890123456/7890123456") )

then call something like this when ready to display a video
life's one big game
spec= 4ghz, 16gb ram, AMD R9 2700 gpu
nickshepherd
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Nov 2017 05:37
Thank you for your input! I have tried these solutions but to no avail. I ended up replacing my rewardedvideo commands with fullscreenadverts for this game and will try the rewarded video commands again in my next game. Happy coding!
tmu
Years of Service
User Offline
So far it seems to have worked for me but I have not put the game in app stores yet. Installing from APK I do get videos showing. But the process seems a bit poorly documented. It seems to me you cannot just check after showing the ad whether to reward the player or not. The app is not really paused immediately as AppGameKit docs and some tutorial here on forum seems to suggest. Instead have to keep checking later if to reward or not. But anyway so far ad vids showing for me but have not tried beyond building an APK and installing from that.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 19:08:15
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 19:08:15