Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / [BUG] GetImageChosen() returning the last image chosen even when back button pressed

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Oct 2017 07:17 Edited at: 22nd Oct 2017 07:22
There seems to be a problem with GetImageChosen() returning the last picture that was successfully loaded, even when the presses the back button on the device to cancel the action at the image selection screen the second time.

This code shows that the last image loaded continues to be selected by GetImageChosen() when you press the back button the second and third time at the select image screen.

To see it bug do the following steps:

1. Press the white box/sprite and then pick an image on your device. That will then put the image on the white box sprite.
2. Press the box/sprite again but this time press the back button on your device to cancel picking a picture.

You will see that the first image that was successfully loaded is still held in GetImageChosen().

I think we need ShowChooseImageScreen() to automatically clear out what's in GetChosenImage() or have a new function that clears it i.e. ClearChosenImage(). The former option seems the most logical one though.
smallg
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Oct 2017 18:06
works correctly on windows but not on android
life's one big game
spec= 4ghz, 16gb ram, AMD R9 2700 gpu
Kevin Cross
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Oct 2017 19:12
@smallg, thanks for checking. I tested on an Android only. It works fine on my Mac (didn't check that earlier).

Anyone able to check iOS please?
Ian Rees
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Oct 2017 22:39
Works OK on iOS.

Choose an image first time around - image is drawn to sprite.

If the Cancel button is selected on the choose image screen the second time then the sprite remains white.
E
Kevin Cross
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Oct 2017 09:36
Thank you Ian.

@Paul can this be fixed for Android please?
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Oct 2017 22:45
Thanks, fixed for the next version

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-24 09:47:36
Your offset time is: 2024-04-24 09:47:36