Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Oct 2017 16:22 Edited at: 25th Oct 2017 16:24
Not much to see so far with just the mobile scanner, but I plan on making a PC version that will allow users to customize their QR codes.

For the mobile I have just modified the example in the manual from the DecodeQRCode( image ) command information.

I changed the word 'Cam' with "Scan", and once the captured image had been decoded, then a new image is created for the display.

That way you see a clean QR code image instead of the image captured by the device camera, which includes background and may be fuzzy.

If the image cannot be read for decoding, then it displays a message and the default image, so the user can try again. (zooming helps sometimes)

I swapped the 'End' button with a "Create" button that will let you make a QR code using the EncodeQRCode( text, errormode ) command.

The new image created is saved incrementally in the 'Pictures' folder on the SD card if one is present.

If there is no SD card present, then it saves the image in the 'Pictures' folder on the Phone/Device.

I know this is not much so far, and not impressive at all, but the PC version will have a lot of neat bells & whistles.

I am planning to also include a new proprietary coding method I am working on, so that secret messages can be sent to friends/colleagues.

Coding things my way since 1981 -- Currently using AppGameKit V2 Tier 1

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Kevin Cross
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Oct 2017 16:46
Just a tip based on my limited experience. When Encoding QR codes use a low number. The option is 0-3. I used 3 and released it to the public and found a lot of scans were failing (almost every time). It took me days to work out the problem. I set it as 0 and re-launched it and the scanning works 100% of the time now. 0 will probably also be easier for you to color with Memblocks too as I think it creates a less detailed QR code so less black pixels to color.
Kevin Cross
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Oct 2017 16:52
I quickly googled online services and some of them not only put a logo in the middle but some put an image in the background with a low alpha setting. Might be something else to look at in your version to see what can be done.
Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Oct 2017 17:10 Edited at: 31st Oct 2017 01:37
Quote: "Just a tip based on my limited experience. When Encoding QR codes use a low number. The option is 0-3. I used 3 and released it to the public and found a lot of scans were failing (almost every time). It took me days to work out the problem. I set it as 0 and re-launched it and the scanning works 100% of the time now. 0 will probably also be easier for you to color with Memblocks too as I think it creates a less detailed QR code so less black pixels to color."

Thanks Kevin!

I am using 3 thinking the highest would be best, but I will switch that before release to avoid any problems.

Quote: "
I quickly googled online services and some of them not only put a logo in the middle but some put an image in the background with a low alpha setting. Might be something else to look at in your version to see what can be done."

I came across one of those last night too.

The ones I saw used a contrast, making dark dots for areas where the background image is light, and light dots where the background image is dark.

They looked nice for basic background images like the Facebook logo, but more complex background images caused a lot confusion in the final image.

I think they may be easier to create than removing parts of the code, but I have not tested them to see how easily they can be read.

EDIT
Quote: "I am planning to also include a new proprietary coding method I am working on, so that secret messages can be sent to friends/colleagues."

I have this working now for PC only.

I can now generate an image that has a hidden message in it using my own encryption.

The message also contains a key-code necessary to unlock it.

Each device has 5 unique keys, so users can have different levels of users/groups as recipients.

Select your key (that your intended recipient uses, given by you), type your message, and click a button...

An image is generated with the message/key encrypted/embedded in the image, ready to send.

The message is invisible to the naked eye, and the image looks like a picture, not a message.

I currently limit the message to 4,000 characters, and the PNG image created is less than a 200x200 pixel square.

Here is an example...

And yes, this is a real example that has a hidden message.

Attachments

Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Nov 2017 23:38 Edited at: 2nd Nov 2017 00:27
update bump

I edited my last post, in case you missed it...(read edit above)

Here is what I have been working on for this,

1) Type your secret message
2) Select one of your five keys (unique to your device)
3) Select one of the base images to hide your message in
4) Hit 'CODE' button and generate your png image
5) Rename the image file and send it to your recipient

Then they would...

1) 'OPEN' the image
2) Enter the correct key
3) Read the secret message

Of course, if they enter the wrong key, then the message is not displayed.

You have a Gold, Red, Green, Blue, and Purple key to code your messages, so you can have multiple recipients without them having access to unlock each others messages.

I did not rename the file, but here it is in its full encrypted glory.... (actually, this is the lowest level of my encryption method)

(you have the image and the message and the key code, good luck figuring it out without access to the program)

Attachments

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 15:27:54
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 15:27:54