Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / setting virtual joystick button position

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
is it possible to set the button position inside the virtual joystick? like when you use the virtual joystick, the knob inside it moves as you move the joystick.

my game is for mobile but, and I want to make a gameplay video but can do that better on PC. for PC play I have also made the arrow keys control the game. But using those, the virtual joystick shows static position all the time even if character is moving. So for a better video I would need to be able to set the joystick know position when the player moves with arrow keys. possible?
=PRoF=
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Nov 2017 22:26
I don't think you can set the virtual joystick like that.

To record your video, maybe make a mock up of the virtual joystick on screen with two sprites, and just move the inner one when the arrow keys are pressed.
tmu
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks for the suggestion Prof! I simply recorded the video with the static button in place.

You can see the video here: https://forum.thegamecreators.com/thread/220910

It is the app preview video..

I guess this would not actually be too complicated to simulate as you suggest, so I try to keep that in mind for the future..

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-24 18:54:52
Your offset time is: 2024-04-24 18:54:52