Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers AppGameKit Corner / Trying to make a simple sidescroller game for school

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey, I am working on this game for my computing science class and I am having some troubles creating a map. I have tiled installed I am able to use it quite well, I think. My issue is, I don't know how or if I can use it to create a collision map as well so my player can interact with it. I was wondering if there was any way besides making a bunch or sprites and if so how? Please leave examples or pictures or something to help me because this is all quite new to me and I don't usually use any sort of graphics or maps.

I also am using a sprite that I have animated for walking and idling but the jump is in 3 parts, initiating the jump, idling in the air and landing... I don't understand it well. Also Maybe there is just a better way of doing the animations because if I continue I'll have to use more like fighting or shooting...

Thanks!
janbo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Nov 2017 12:53 Edited at: 28th Nov 2017 12:53
hi hunter_guimont,
I would mark out the levels collision mesh using the 2DPhysics commands (AddSpriteShapePolygon) which might be too advanced for the beginning.
"making a bunch or sprites" is probably the easiest way for now and also the easiest to generate procedurally
hunter_guimont
Years of Service
User Offline
Janbo, is there anyway to do it using a tilemap? That's what I'll be using for the background anyways but just as a png...

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 20:16:50
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 20:16:50