Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / A problem with Rewarded Adverts on the Kindle Fire...

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Dec 2017 20:21
I've hit a somewhat large stumbling block whilst trying to update Best Night Light on the Amazon store.

A few months ago I made a large update to it on Google Play, adding a few new bits like IAP, achievements and rewarded videos.

It all worked splendidly well with little or no effort (Which is why I love AppGameKit so much...) although the achievements went down like a lead balloon, with lots of 1 star reviews going on about "Excessive permissions" and how I was obviously using their data for nefarious reasons; I've since replaced the GameCentre ones with some of my own and the problem has gone away.

Now, the Amazon update was trickier.

As far as I can tell the IAP is working ok, at least in the live testing it seems to be. But I cannot for the life of me get a Rewarded Advert to show up on my Amazon test device (A Kindle Fire 7).

I started off using exactly the same code to display an AdMob Rewarded Ad as I do in the Google Play version, and that seems to work fine; But not on the Kindle I then removed the GetRewardAdLoadedAdMob() check, to see if there was an issue with that; but again, still no advert to be seen on the Kindle.

The next thing I did was created a Chartboost account, and changed all the relevant AdMob commands to the Chartboost equivalents (Remembering also the CacheRewardAdChartboost() command) but this also hasn't seemed to produce any adverts on the Kindle.

I'm at a bit of a loss as to what to do now. I want to bring both versions in line with each other, so I don't really want to remove the rewarded adverts feature.

Has anyone else here gotten rewarded ads to work on a Kindle?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-30 11:39:59
Your offset time is: 2024-09-30 11:39:59