Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Who is still using GDK?

Author
TGC Development Director
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Dec 2017 13:17
Hi, I am looking to spring clean the forums in early 2018. Is this board still relevant to anyone? TGC are now focusing on AppGameKit and so we'd like to make the forums more about that engine and have these older DarkBasic ones in an Archive area. Please let me know your thoughts.

Rick
Development Director
TGC Team
Bored of the Rings
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Dec 2017 08:41
I use C++ and sometimes GDK for speedy development but don't frequent this thread very often.
Professional Programmer, languages: SAS, C++, SQL, PL-SQL, DBPro, Purebasic, JavaScript, others
Morcilla
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Dec 2017 13:50
Hi Rick,

For me this forum is still a valuable source of DGDK tips, links, and code samples, and the only place to look for them.

What does it means "in an Archive area"? Will we be able to query the existing posts?

I understand that AppGameKit is the focus now, but there is an up to date DGDK version for VS2017, and I'm going to migrate my project, which had released the latest version last year.

Also, I now for certain that there are some other DGDK users around.

If any problem arises during migration for me or for other users, we will have no place to talk about it.

Furthermore, if anyone updates DGDK again, there will be no forum to announce it.

Perhaps there could be a new section in the forum for legacy products, and this one could be included there.

Just my thoughts and wills. I rather prefer the forum to remain opened, if possible.

Planning to use DGDK until it doesn't run on windows.

Thanks.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2017-12-16 13:09:49
Your offset time is: 2017-12-16 13:09:49