Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit/AppGameKit Studio Showcase / Emojis Speak [Android]

Author
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Dec 2017 18:27 Edited at: 15th Dec 2017 18:33
Greetings fellow game developers,

As most of you already know, the latest release of AppGameKit (2017.12.12) offers us new commands for Text to Speech.

I have made a simple little app to experiment with those commands (very simple so don't expect much), and I released it for Android devices on GooglePlay...

Emojis Speak

It is really G rated unless a user enters something naughty, but they can, so it got a more mature rating for its freedom of speech.

I hope you like the splash screens, so make sure you use the Back button to exit so your changes will be saved.

Thanks for looking

CE

Coding things my way since 1981 -- Currently using AppGameKit V2 Tier 1

Attachments

Login to view attachments
puzzler2018
User Banned
Posted: 15th Dec 2017 18:52
Well done for been so quick

Impressive isn't it

D
puzzler2018
User Banned
Posted: 15th Dec 2017 19:33
She does sound a little like Siri - Apples little helper for folk!
Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Dec 2017 21:33 Edited at: 16th Dec 2017 16:15
Quote: "Well done for been so quick"

Thanks

Yeah, I downloaded the update on the 13th, but the features of this app are few so it didn't take long to bang it out.

I spent a little time making the emojis, because the sites with free ones required sign ups, and I have enough junk mail.

Quote: "Impressive isn't it"

Emoji 3 slot 4

Yes, AppGameKit is most impressive, and I love those new text to speech commands.

As you can see, I am going to be using those commands for my intro/exit splash screens.

EDIT
The possibilities for the text to speech commands are mind bending really.

From in game instructions, to talking NPCs, to error handling, the possibilities of using this new feature for our games are endless.

I know it sounds like not that big of a deal on the surface when reading about all the other update commands AppGameKit has seen.

However, think of the impact that this will have on all of our existing games and how much better they would be if they could talk.

I really think this text to speech is a game changer.

Coding things my way since 1981 -- Currently using AppGameKit V2 Tier 1

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 18:32:11
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 18:32:11