Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers AppGameKit Corner / Use Python with AppGameKit Tier 1

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi, I want to create a game in AppGameKit using Tier 1 which will be controlled by a python script from the outside. Also the stats of the game such as Enemy position, player position, scores and other game related things need to be sent to the python script.
Is sockets the only solution or there are other means? How do I achieve this goal using AppGameKit tier 1?
adambiser
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Dec 2017 16:43
I developed a plugin to allow Python interaction. I had to take it down, but I will post it again soon.
There are some limitations though:
- Won't be able to call AppGameKit commands from Python
- Can't call Tier 1 functions from Python
nonom
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Dec 2017 16:47
Why not a socket server? https://forum.thegamecreators.com/thread/221048#msg2614476

If the service isn't critical, you can do a REST client with the Http AppGameKit Commands, there are some examples into the AppGameKit folder and forums saving highscores.

I think TGC added functions to deal with JSON files imho is a good choice requesting data.
adambiser
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 05:00:47
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 05:00:47