Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Raspberry Pi / It Wont work or start.

Author
User Offline
So I got the new update for the PI version on stretch but... It wont work. I went into the terminal to see if it works but it give me this :
" Segmentation fault".....
What does that even mean?
Jack
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Dec 2017 22:19
It should mean, that you have no direct access to the ressource. This means for you:
1. You may have no read/write permission for the folder/file
2. Kernel driver problems

A quick look at a search-engine game me a page:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Segmentation_fault
Maybe you find more.

[/url]
Bengismo
User Offline
Posted: 30th Dec 2017 15:40 Edited at: 30th Dec 2017 16:12
The older version of AGK2 for the raspberry PI worked fine for me but the newer release doesnt seem to work at all. (I cant even open projects with the new one!)

Can you tell us what version of AGK2 your running please Jack (and.... are you running Raspbian Jessie or stretch)??
Jack
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Dec 2017 18:27 Edited at: 30th Dec 2017 18:35
I use:
- Pi3 / Zero,
- latest Jessie with latest updates apt-get update && apt-get upgrade,
- latest version of AppGameKit for Pi. (I just copy-pasted AppGameKit on the Pi, and it ran straight)

Can you start the AppGameKit Editor Binary?

Maybe you need to Chmod you though now...
can you compile on an old os version of some binary and copy the code to your new os?

Start your binaries/ AppGameKit Editor though console, see output

[/url]
Bengismo
User Offline
Posted: 31st Dec 2017 14:44
Thanks Jack! I appreciate the help.

I have a very similar setup.

Raspberry Pi 3 (I also have a Pi Zero W too)
I run latest version of Jessie has been fully updated (via apt-get update and apt-get upgrade)

The previous version of AppGameKit 2017.08.25 runs fine. I just download it and then place the AGKPi directory where i want it and then start the editor. All programs run fine.

The latest version of AppGameKit 2017.12.12 does not work ok though for me. I download AGK2 then extracted the AGKPi directory as normal and then attempt to start the editor and nothing happens. If i try to start the editor (geany - in the tier 1 editor directory) from the command line....I get a geany window that is not configured for AGK. It just opens a very simple version of geany. It looks like the problem is with the custom setup of geany.

So for me...the old version works great but the new version seems to have a small problem of some sort.??
Meganoodle
Years of Service
User Offline
Im running Raspbian Stretch Nov 2017 , Downloaded AppGameKit extracted and double clicked the AppGameKit executable , got a dialog asking if I want to executute, window or terminal, I tried both options nothing happened.
Either Im doing something wrong or it doesnt work on Stretch.
Just thought I would offer the feedback.

Shame I like the android version , would be nice to use the same code on the pi.
HomerS
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi All,

I have a Pi 3 runnig agk perfectly.

Now I have bought a second Pi 3 and today I download AGK. After unpacking and try to execute the file it does..... nothing.

I have tried :
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade

and
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get dist-upgrade

This would not help.
Is there a way of downloading an older version of AKG?

This version is broken?

Admin please update the file because more people have problems with this or add a link to older files in the download page.
Toedeledoki
HomerS
Years of Service
User Offline
The new version i also can't run in the terminal.

So I took the older version from the other Pi (V 15-05-2017) and it runs fine on the new Rasp Pi 3.

My conclusion is that the new version of AppGameKit for the Pi is broken.
Toedeledoki
Xaby
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jan 2018 22:05
Same here,

Downloading the right Image (e.g. Raspbian Stretch 2017-11-29 V. 4.9)
Downloading AppGameKit 2017-12-12 (Raspberry Pi)

Nothing happened. Where do I get the older version? In my "Products" is only V2017-12-12 (Raspberry Pi), not more than this one
Bengismo
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jan 2018 23:25 Edited at: 9th Jan 2018 23:27
So.... its not just me then that cant get it to work !

It looks as if there are quite a few people with problems with the latest 2017.12.12 release. Paul says it works for him ok but ive never got it running and i think Jack had it running above. I have the same issues as listed above where it wont work and gives segmentation fault from the command line. I would guess its a file access issue

I was given a download link for the previous release (2017.08.25) by Rick V (thank you sir!! ) and its still valid. That release works fine too in Pi3 latest version..

...but I'm not sure I should really post up that link for everyone to download. I will let the mods/GameCreator people post a previous version or update the official download if its deemed necessary.
Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jan 2018 15:33 Edited at: 11th Jan 2018 15:39
Quote: "I was given a download link for the previous release (2017.08.25) "

I must have missed that release.

I have a 2017.09.25, but no 2017.08.25

I do not download every update, but I do save the ones I download.

No Pi yet, but might pick up a pi zero soon (like that there is no need for a heat sink), so I will know then if any of my old versions will work.

I have been putting off getting a Pi for the same reason I put off using Linux... not keen on learning a bunch of technical stuff for command line typing.

However, the idea of using the Pi for an arcade machine is appealing enough to make the plunge.

I have already built a retro style cabinet that is scaled down a bit for small children, and I hope to create about 10+ games for a multi-game machine for youngsters.

Not sure if the Pi will be best for it, but we'll see.

Coding things my way since 1981 -- Currently using AppGameKit V2 Tier 1
Bengismo
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jan 2018 23:24 Edited at: 11th Jan 2018 23:27
Yes, i miss typed:

Current release is 2017.12.12 (I cant get it to work)
Previous release was: 2017.9.25 (Works fine for me)

The PI is awesome. I use it for loads of projects and its suprisingly powerful considering its £27 ($25??) and it can render really well. AppGameKit is great for building little projects on it. Programs wont work quite as fast as on a PC but they do work fine on the PI. Neither the Raspberry PI 3 or the PI Zero needs a heatsink at all - we use loads at work and never use one. Its only needed if you want to overclock really.

Yes, linux can be a bit of a pain but Raspbian (PI operating system) is simple enough and once you have opened the AppGameKit editor its just like working on windows really! Hardly ANY difference. All this on a little coputer you can fit in your pocket !!

The PI with Retro PI installed on it is a great arcade machine and there are thousands of games for it. Its a large download but very good and lots of people are building cabinets for it!
https://retropie.org.uk/
Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jan 2018 23:01 Edited at: 12th Jan 2018 23:15
Quote: "Neither the Raspberry PI 3 or the PI Zero needs a heatsink at all - we use loads at work and never use one. Its only needed if you want to overclock really."

Cool

Quote: "The PI with Retro PI installed on it is a great arcade machine and there are thousands of games for it. Its a large download but very good and lots of people are building cabinets for it!"

I only want to use my own games, so that I can have coin mechanisms if I don't want to set it to free play.

Those X-in1 packages usually restrict commercial use, so for a home game room they are fine, but for a real arcade it would be illegal to use them.

On a side note: Will the Pi give me a unique device ID when using the GetDeviceID() ???

Coding things my way since 1981 -- Currently using AppGameKit V2 Tier 1
HomerS
Years of Service
User Offline
Can I also get a link of the release of agk 2017.08.25 from Rick V? Maybe older version downloads could be added in the download section of TheGameCreators?
Toedeledoki
Hiddenworlds225
User Offline
What i believe to be the cause is that certain functions and/or bugs prevented the code to properly execute for certain people. It could also be from certain packages getting an update.

I honestly don't know.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2018-01-18 19:55:43
Your offset time is: 2018-01-18 19:55:43