Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Scripts / Roman Character pack

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
It seems that the characters run up to the player and attack only once and then simply stand there. I have tried many adjustments to the script and cannot get the character to continue to attack. What needs to be adjusted to make this happen? Any constructive input is appreciated.
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Dec 2017 17:40
Incenseman2003 I have that one, let me check..
My games never have bugs. They just develop random features..
Lots and lots of random features...
Stealth Sin
Years of Service
User Offline
it sounds like you need to increase your character's distwithin/distfurther try increasing anything that looks like this

or

that would be my guess?
Anthony Gonzales
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Dec 2017 12:38
After testing some characters and the script, I have found a lot of typo's with the script ??? and problems with the characters themselves.
Most characters were over 12-15megs in size I'm going to try and clean them up/reduce size and test...
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Dec 2017 22:12
Ok, I had some time to look at these scripts. A couple problems presented themselves.
First, the "destroy" script for each of the characters is pointing to the wrong file path. Open each of the
roman characters .fpe and change "aidestroy = romanscript\romandie.fpi" to "aidestroy = romanpack\romandie.fpi"

Next, these characters rigs were done with way too many extra bones ( root bones) , making them hard to path find (waypoints)
I did manage to get one script kinda working
Here is a working waypoint script ( when player is within 300 character breaks waypoint and runs toward player, adjust to meet your needs )

Second is a standard "guard" script. Character stands guard until player is within 300, then chases player (also adjust to meet your needs)
Save it to the "romanpack" folder in your scriptbank. Give it a Unique Name !!! Like roman_guard or something... Test and let me know if all works
Incenseman2003
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks for the look see and adjustments. I will look into them when I get time and let you know how it worked out.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 16:55:53
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 16:55:53