Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Scripts / Set a post effect at start, how to... ?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jan 2018 10:10 Edited at: 3rd Jan 2018 10:11
Hello there, I've tried to make a script that would allow me to set a post-processing effect right at the start of a level, unfortunately, it doesn't seem to work the way I intended...

Here's my piece of code.

It does work, but only if I step into the trigger and get outside of it. What I want to do is having the post filter set right
at the beginning of the level, without the player having to step into the triggerzone.

Am I doing something wrong ?

Thank you and happy new year !
-
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jan 2018 10:47 Edited at: 3rd Jan 2018 10:49
Madcow02
As long as you dont have any other scripts running this should work... yeh fpsc is funny about some things.
Post-process effects like to be triggered, with this player does not have to be in triggerzone & gave it a slight
"timer" delay to get started. I tried multiple ways and this one seems to work best
Just place in a trigger anywhere on level. Note, you can't change the effect with this script once started, you will need
to adjust script if you do need to.
My games never have bugs. They just develop random features..
Lots and lots of random features...
Madcow02
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jan 2018 11:19
It works, thank you !
If I understand right, as long I don't have any timer-based scripts running on my map, this one should run fine ?
-
BlackFox
FPSC Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jan 2018 14:09
Quote: "If I understand right, as long I don't have any timer-based scripts running on my map, this one should run fine ?"

You can have multiple scripts running that use a timer, as long as it is etimer and not timer.
There\'s no problem that can\'t be solved without applying a little scripting.
Madcow02
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jan 2018 14:22
Thank you
-
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jan 2018 19:11
@ BlackFox So nice to see you
@ MadCow02 sorry, I worded it incorrectly I should have said...."as long as your not running any other
post-process effect scripts at the start" But all is good, glad it works good for you
My games never have bugs. They just develop random features..
Lots and lots of random features...

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 21:19:08
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 21:19:08