Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / DBO to X converter for use with AGK

Author
User Banned
Posted: 13th Jan 2018 07:36
I wrote a DBO to X converter which also supports animation and multiple materials. If there is interest I will modify the code so it can be used as a CLI command to convert DBO to X in batches.
Professional Programmer, languages: SAS, C++, SQL, PL-SQL, DBPro, Purebasic, JavaScript, others
Rick Nasher
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jan 2018 12:03
Might be a good idea. Yesterday I came across some models of this type, so guess there are quite a few out there.
Scraggle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jan 2018 15:36
That would be cool.

I have hundreds of DBO's that need converting. I bought FragMotion (after StabInTheDark recommended it) so that I could convert them but - [Open Fragmotion / Load DBO file / Save X file] - soon gets very tedious! A CLI for batch conversion would be great
Bored of the Rings
User Banned
Posted: 14th Jan 2018 17:25
@Rick Nasher/Scraggle-thanks for the feedback guys. I'll start making some updates to the current code. I'll post a video here later to show what it currently does (I think I still have one on YT) as I had originally written the app to convert FPSC DBO to X format for GameGuru by batch reading in FPE files within a folder. At the moment, the program can be configured to work in drag n' drop or windowed modes (multi-select FPE files). It's just a case of making this work directly with the DBO file than FPE files. More to come soon.
Professional Programmer, languages: SAS, C++, SQL, PL-SQL, DBPro, Purebasic, JavaScript, others
Bored of the Rings
User Banned
Posted: 18th Jan 2018 12:59 Edited at: 18th Jan 2018 13:52
Code now updated and works fine, although there are a couple of fixes I am currently working on. I will place a link here to the program (unless there is a better place to put it) and make a small video to show how to use it.
Bored of the Rings
User Banned
Posted: 19th Jan 2018 09:55 Edited at: 19th Jan 2018 09:56
still working on material/texture fixes although in most cases works fine. here are just a couple of example pics of the tool and end result in fragmotion. In windowed mode, you can multi select DBO files using CTRL-A or singularly select a DBO file. You can also configure the program to use drag 'n' drop mode (only 1 dbo at a time). some other updates to be made at some point include changing the .ICO file as this was originally used for my Entity Welder program for FPSC to GameGuru plus small tweaks to the progress bar.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Bored of the Rings
User Banned
Posted: 20th Jan 2018 09:09 Edited at: 22nd Mar 2018 10:44
here is the link to my AppGameKit DBO-2-X format program. The password to extract the .ZIP file is "youshallnotpass" without the double quotes. The .DLLs that are included may need copying to both your system32 and SYSWOW64 windows folders if you do not have them as the app requires them to run. Ensure you run as administrator. You can change the configuration by editing the .INI file stored on your root drive.

The following options are currently available in the .INI file:

[OPTIONS]
DRAGNDROP=0
[XPORTER settings]
INCLUDENOMESHBONES=1
INCLUDEROOT=1
INCLUDESKINWEIGHTS=1
INCLUDEANIMS=1

Setting DRAGNDROP from 0 to 1 will allow you to drag n drop any .DBO file onto the .EXE of the app. If set to 0, the program will run in windowed mode and you can then multi select DBO files either by clicking individually on any file or CTRL-A for the whole lot of DBO files.

The program may still need some small tweaks here and there but works for most DBO files. .X files are saved in the same folder as the DBO. Might be a good idea to store all your DBO files in 1 folder that require conversion. Make any backups just in case.

[href]to be updated[/href]

Time allowing, I will make a short video on how to use if you really get stuck, but is straight forward.
Bored of the Rings
User Banned
Posted: 21st Jan 2018 11:03 Edited at: 21st Jan 2018 12:53
temporarily taking the app off google drive, found some issues still that need resolving.
Bored of the Rings
User Banned
Posted: 23rd Feb 2018 11:05 Edited at: 22nd Mar 2018 10:41
apologies for the delay....lots going on at the moment. Here is the AGKDBO2X converter for those that might need it. Password is "youshallnotpass" without the double quotes.

works for both skinned meshes and static meshes. More updates to come, but shoud get you started.

time permitting, I will make a short video on how to use. select your DBO(s) and they will be converted to equavalent X format. Any issues, please let me know.

Zep
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Feb 2018 12:29
D3D9Ex error.

Anyway for AppGameKit to compile for good old XP and D3d9c?
Bored of the Rings
User Banned
Posted: 25th Feb 2018 13:44
@Zep-thanks for reporting-I'm currently looking into this.
Bored of the Rings
User Banned
Posted: 17th Mar 2018 08:56 Edited at: 22nd Mar 2018 10:44
Here is the next version of the DBO to X app (version 1.2).
Archive password is "youshallnotpass" no quotes.

Still a WIP, and does not work on WinXP. I have no immediate plans to get it working for XP.

Still outstanding to do:
-- complete code for multi-staged textures
-- complete code for OBJ export
-- fix random crashing when multi selecting PBR DBOs (GameGuru specifc DBO's for Physically Based Rendering)
-- anything else that crops up

The app also works for GameGuru's EBE DBO format.

How to use video guide:

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 01:54:31
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 01:54:31