Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Only wanted to thank the entire gamecreators team ;)

Author
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jan 2018 12:40
Have bin off programing for a couple of years around 3-4 years.
But with the simplicity of the agk basic language have i bin able to publish a android app with add banners and reward adds in under a week.
the simplicity off creating apk files and get adds working on mobiles now in agk is simply amazing.
Started experimenting with everything about publishing for goggle play in about 3-4 weeks ago.
And yes the first apps could be called bad showelware
But my point is that iam impressed over wath the team have done with agk as a tool to develop for mobiles.

Iam not a beginner and are more impressed how simple agk is to get back in to it and do new things.
i have never published a mobile app.

of 5 possible.......

Chees and thank you.......

ps....
iam doing this as a hobby after my fulltime work so not much time during these 3 weeks for coding...
Android 2.3 , ZTE Skate , 480x800 , 800 mhz , Samsung Galaxy Y , 240x320 , 832 mhz , Sony ericson arc 480x854 , 1 ghz
Android 4.0 , Dmtech 3g 9738B , 1024x768 , 9.7 inches , 1.2 ghz
puzzler2018
User Banned
Posted: 13th Jan 2018 12:50
Its magical isnt it

Take my hat of to the whole team too, especially Paul (the master of AGK)
smallg
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jan 2018 14:15
agreed, AppGameKit is great
life's one big game
spec= 4ghz, 16gb ram, AMD R9 2700 gpu
pinete
Years of Service
User Offline
Is f***ng awesome. Best thing I've ever seen and worked with in more than twenty years.
Rick Nasher
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jan 2018 09:45
Yup, totally agreed. As we said on the Syntax Bomb board where ex-Blitz3D-ers reside: it puts back the fun in programming!
Xaby
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jan 2018 11:57
Fast Compilation, easy to understand and very simple to install. Works how I expected (most of the time) really love it
Jack
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jan 2018 20:26 Edited at: 14th Jan 2018 20:37
I remember how long it took to setup c++ / android studio projects.

AGK is a workflow booster for me. It's one of the hackiest ninja languages out there.
With Tier1 and Tier2 and plugin support, we are free to do anything.

Thank you for your work!

PS:
Please establish something like the audio shaders from shadertoy to be able to modify audio signals in real time => Opens the whole world of audio modification
Right now I do it by memblock modification, but a real time audio shader would fit perfectly in the AppGameKit command sheme. It can be accomplished by just 4 new commands, a similar implementation of the sprite shader commands. But I don't know, if the devices/audio libs allow it. I think signal modification is an audio driver thing? :-| - If it's possible, audio design features within AppGameKit would be infinite.

[/url]
Cybermind
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jan 2018 11:38
Yeah, thumbs up for the TGC team! Programming with AppGameKit is soooo easy. I had been dreaming for many years about releasing a game, and here we are, a game released on Steam. Now I am working on a huge update for that game and I can't wait to get started on the next project with AGK.
13/0
GarBenjamin
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jan 2018 01:57 Edited at: 18th Jan 2018 01:58
Agreed. It is the best game programming language I have used in a long time. I only wish they had named it differently so I would have tried it out much sooner than I did. I had seen the name a few times before over the years but always thought it was some kind of push button (Kit) game creator (Game) for mobile apps (App). Since I had no interest in GUI-centric game dev kits and no interest in making mobile apps I never gave it a second glance. Finally one day I saw a YT video on it and thought well heck this is actually programming like AMOS and Blitz days. This looks GOOD. And it isn't just for mobile the guy said it is for desktop and web too!!!
TI/994a (BASIC) -> C64 (BASIC/PASCAL/ASM/Others) -> Amiga (AMOS/BLITZ/ASM/C/Gamesmith) -> DOS (C/C++/Allegro) -> Windows (C++/C#/Monkey X/GL Basic/Unity/Others)
Supertino
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jan 2018 08:08 Edited at: 18th Jan 2018 08:15
I agree, Mr Trump is the best president ever, he beat ISIS, forged peace in korea, did not collude with Russia and is probably not a rac.... oh wait this is AppGameKit forums not the whitehouse.

Yeah AppGameKit is great. I had to find a new home when BlitzMax was finally discontinued after years of stagnation and after trying the usual suspects unity etc. AppGameKit was a perfect replacement.
GarBenjamin
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jan 2018 19:50 Edited at: 18th Jan 2018 20:16
@Supertino LOL! Thanks for the laugh (and although it is most definitely off topic I agree)

It is just so logical and straightforward and much prefer the flat c style api without layers upon layers of object.object....object.method. Makes things readily accessible and a joy to work with.
TI/994a (BASIC) -> C64 (BASIC/PASCAL/ASM/Others) -> Amiga (AMOS/BLITZ/ASM/C/Gamesmith) -> DOS (C/C++/Allegro) -> Windows (C++/C#/Monkey X/GL Basic/Unity/Others)

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-23 10:02:24
Your offset time is: 2024-04-23 10:02:24