Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Volunteer Translators WANTED!

Author
TGC Development Director
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jan 2018 11:58 Edited at: 31st Jan 2018 16:43
Hi,

We're in the process of translating AppGameKit to new languages. The first target languages are as follows, ones with a strike through are now covered by volunteers!

French
German
Spanish
Italian
Chinese Traditional
Japanese

If any of these are your first language and you'd like to help us then please email me - rick@thegamecreators.com

We are using POEditor to manage the translation.

AppGameKit splits into different sections for the translation:

* Store page (this is what we are starting with)
* IDE (this is already done because we use Geany Editor which has lots of languages)
* Help files (there are so many of these that we are likely to use Google Translate to do the work while keeping key info like code and commands in the normal English syntax

If you want to help with a different language you can still contact me.

We're also going to be doing this for GameGuru and MyWorld.

Thanks if you can help.

Rick
Development Director
TGC Team
MikeMax
AGK Academic Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jan 2018 18:05
I'm here for french translations
Jeff Miller
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jan 2018 18:48
There was a German language DarkBasic site run by a Michael and a Thomas. Their site is down, but maybe your old records have some leads to them.
Humildadever
Years of Service
User Offline
When you want i m translate portuguese
Scraggle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jan 2018 08:44
I don't translate anything myself but I do work in the translation industry. The company I work for is not cheap and you would need to set up an account. Probably way out of TGC's budget - especially as you are asking for volunteers, which generally means unpaid.

The reason I mention it is because many of the translators are friends and would be willing to help me at 'mates rates' - still not free but if you are struggling with any particular language (there's over 250 on our books) and willing to spend a little to get it done then I could help out with that.
linuxluvuback
Years of Service
User Offline
I am here for Klingon, it is my first language.
Xaby
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jan 2018 16:13
Klingon would be very funny. That could be a Selling-Point. But I think, you would have a ton of work to do than.

At this moment, I see a little problem in not understanding the commands with the given english help. There is much room for interpretation. Or missing information. Some of them you get, if you get the compiler error, but not in the help itself.

e.g.:
GetRawJoystickButtonState

Returns 1 if the given button is currently down, otherwise returns 0. To detect the instance that a button is pressed or released use GetRawJoystickButtonPressed or GetRawJoystickButtonReleased.
AGK supports up to 32 joystick buttons in the range 1-32.

... so what is missing? In which range is "index". It's from 1..8

Sometimes here would also help a help in Intelisense in the editor.

I could read thru some German text.
Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jan 2018 16:55 Edited at: 22nd Jan 2018 16:59
Quote: "Klingon would be very funny. That could be a Selling-Point. But I think, you would have a ton of work to do than."

Why not Klingon?

I do not speak it, but I wouldn't want to discriminate.

If the other languages are getting translated then Klingon could be added to the list too.

If a volunteer is willing, then why not?

Quote: "
We're in the process of translating AppGameKit to new languages. The first target languages are:

French
German
Spanish
Italian
Chinese Traditional
Japanese"

Unfortunately, I do not speak or read other languages fluently, so I would not be of any help here as I too use Google translator, which I wonder about sometimes.

Coding things my way since 1981 -- Currently using AppGameKit V2 Tier 1
Scraggle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jan 2018 17:32 Edited at: 22nd Jan 2018 17:33
Just an FYI:
Bing translate will convert English to Klingon.
Admittedly machine translation is never as accurate as human translation but for Klingon I doubt anybody would notice any inaccuracies

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 14:08:56
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 14:08:56