Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Scripts / Problem with objectives...

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: MAFIA 2
Posted: 27th Jan 2018 02:39
I have a problem with the objectives-system, I can only use the objectives in one level, courld something be incorrect with the level scripts? In the huds folder I use folder level1-3 (with .png pictures) I have nothing yet in the level1 folder. but when I use level3s picture1, the level2s picture1 is shown instead?
Is there anyway to fix this problem? Here is the script:

ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jan 2018 00:31
Mr Love Here is the gist of variables for this type of situation...
"Global variables reset to 0 at the transition from one level to another" "Variables using "dimvar" retain their value from one level to another"
"One using the "globalvar=x" uses "varequal=x"; the one using "dimvar=key" uses "varequal=key x" where x is the value"
Ok, now what or which script are you using to Trigger the variable ? Is it a trigger zone or something else, like an entity the player picks up ?

The script I gave you before should work with no problems as long as "All" objectives are met for each level before the next level.
AS long as you place this main script somewhere in each level ( that will reset the variables back to zero) if not they will carry over to next level.
then use the other script I gave you to increase the variable it should work fine. Does it look like this...

If not, what is it ?
My games never have bugs. They just develop random features..
Lots and lots of random features...
Mr Love
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: MAFIA 2
Posted: 28th Jan 2018 03:49
Well, it was totally screwed up for a while. But everything works just fine now sence I removed languagebank\english as adress.. I dont take credit for it, it was just luck!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-23 13:21:41
Your offset time is: 2024-04-23 13:21:41