Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers AppGameKit Corner / Some useful Articles

Author
User Banned
Posted: 28th Jan 2018 14:32 Edited at: 28th Jan 2018 14:34
Development of Shaders

https://thebookofshaders.com/

In depth Perlin Noise

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sor1nwNIP9A

Shall add more here when I research more interesting stuff in the future
PHeMoX
Years of Service
User Offline
Forgive my 'noob' question, but how would I generate the Perlin Noise itself? I understand in a 1D array you would use steps of like 10 , 5 and 2,5 and generate values of 0-100 , 0-50 and 0-25 to ultimately get a gradient curve. However, what would be the easiest way to get to the second, third, fourth, n_th row? Because unless I'm missing something fairly basic about the math involved, you can't get good Perlin Noise with a new 1D array for every new row.

I understand Perlin Noise at its core is considered random, but it's quite different from any of the random() functions AppGameKit has. And contrary to Processing using Java, there is no 'noise()' function to automatically create the 2D noise for us if you know what I mean LOL.
puzzler2018
User Banned
Posted: 3rd Feb 2018 11:11
I just try and simulate it. so check neighbouring blocks height and either randomly choose 0 or 1 or 2

if its 1 then increase block height a tad

if its 0 then decrease a block height a tad

if its 2 then keep the height the same

Ill post an example of the above later

puzzler2018
User Banned
Posted: 3rd Feb 2018 11:13
There is image perlin noise creations here too - and this would be useful -if any wishes to display the final image on the top left corner of the screen - many games have this - thats how they generate the map from the image

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-23 21:06:39
Your offset time is: 2024-04-23 21:06:39