Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / AppGameKit Mobile - Android Beta Release!

Author
TGC Development Director
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jan 2018 16:28
Hi all, today sees the release of a BETA version of our new and totally FREE AppGameKit Mobile Android app!

Now you can code 'on the go' with AppGameKit Mobile, building apps, demos and games wherever you are.

This FREE version of AppGameKit lets you code using the normal AppGameKit script language, and then compile and run your projects directly on your device. The app comes with demos and examples to help new users discover just how easy the programming language is to use.

You code your apps within a cut-down IDE and then, with the super fast compiler, you can run your projects almost instantly.

AppGameKit Mobile provides access to many of the commands of the desktop version. Most importantly, all the key commands for game creation:

✔ 3D Graphics & 3D Physics
✔ 2D Graphics & 2D Physics
✔ Rendering Control
✔ Sound & Music
✔ User Input
✔ File I/O
✔ Sensors

With camera & photo access you can import image media from your device and then use these images as sprites or textures in your apps.

Download the Beta Now
Development Director
TGC Team
RickV
TGC Development Director
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2018 12:01
Hi, just rolled out a new build with these changes:

- You can now set the size of the font text in settings
- When there is a compile error in the IDE, the cursor will move to the line where the error is located
- Bluetooth keyboards can now use page up, page down to move around the code
- Fixed an orientation issue so that you can now start the app in landscape mode and it will display correctly
- Updated the installing projects page to display landscape correctly.
- Fixed a cursor display issue that made the cursor invisible

Development Director
TGC Team
RickV
TGC Development Director
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Feb 2018 10:33
On Friday 9th we released a new build with these improvements:

- You can now set the size of the font text in settings
- When there is a compile error in the IDE, the cursor will move to the line where the error is located
- Bluetooth keyboards can now use page up, page down to move around the code
- Fixed an orientation issue so that you can now start the app in landscape mode and it will display correctly
- Updated the installing projects page to display landscape correctly.
- Fixed a cursor display issue that made the cursor invisible
Development Director
TGC Team
DennisW
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Feb 2018 14:43
I know that AppGameKit Mobile is still new but do you see in the future that AppGameKit - Visual Editor can be added? I have it for the regular AppGameKit and use it a lot.

Dennis
Ham and Eggs Breakfast
The Chicken was involved the Pig was Committed
AGK Community Tester
RickV
TGC Development Director
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Feb 2018 16:00
Hi,

I think some form of visual editor can be added to the mobile version, we'll have to see how it evolves.

Rick
Development Director
TGC Team
Munchicken
Reviewed AGK on Steam
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Feb 2018 07:55
Where are the project files stored in the filesystem? I can't seem to find them...
ESP
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Feb 2018 11:42
It would be nice to be able to find the projects. I just applied the update and all my stuff vanished.....

Robin
RickV
TGC Development Director
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Feb 2018 10:22
Hi,

The projects are stored in their own folder within the apps own sandbox storage.

When updating the app any existing apps should not be wiped. The only way this should happen is if you clears the apps data in settings or delete the app.

@ESP can you detail more about your experience, your device etc?

Rick
Development Director
TGC Team
EdzUp
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Feb 2018 11:37
It's a nice app but a few niggles prevent it being usable for me:
1) internal storage so we can't access the files from other apps. With C4Droid it's external and easy to use. Please make it external storage.

2) the onscreen keyboard is painfully slow on my Samsung A3 I get a character about every second

3) No copy/paste from clipboard

if these were sorted I would use it all the time as I have a full time job so don't have a lot of time to be at my desktop these days.
-EdzUp
nalcwap
Years of Service
User Offline
is possible add screen options change size?because in mobile is small for touch the small icons the best add a resize screen by 2 fingers for example, other thing if possible add a create and open projects sd card and internal mobile because in system folder not best ,thanks and sorry ask this
Humildadever
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Feb 2018 19:35 Edited at: 22nd Feb 2018 19:09
I like very much this APP!
The examples are the best!

But the export command for .txt etc is important and copy/paste for other external programs

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 12:25:19
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 12:25:19