Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DarkBASIC Professional Discussion / DBPRO question about vertex count

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Feb 2018 14:29
After performing some CSG operations to produce a small 3D model, I found something strange: the vertexcount was too big.

Yeah, after assembling - for example - 10 boxes together to produce something, vertexcount was already over 30 thousand! This number is too large and does not justify the little complexity of the models I produce - and make the program crash after short time due the limit of 65535 vertices being passed - and the most bizarre part is: after some CSG operations the vertexcount starts to go up at strange rates - more than 1000 per operation, and more later in the operation, it almost doubles everytime a box is applied to the model.

Ideas anyone?
[size=+2]Forever and one[/size]
Derek Darkly
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Feb 2018 23:16
A little shot of code is always helpful.
I'm also interested in the potential of CSG commands and making things from scratch in DBP just for the heck of it.
Send your parents to noisy sprite demo hell... enter the D-Zone

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-23 23:23:58
Your offset time is: 2024-04-23 23:23:58