Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Help setting up DarkGDK.( Entry Point Issues.)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Feb 2018 22:49
What could cause these Errors
Its been a while since I used DarkDGK and I am trying to start a project again but if I use void DarkGDK() as my main it gives this error. It use to be automatic so what am I doing wrong?

Sphere sphere = new Sphere(0.5f);
InsanelyRedundantJava insanelyredundantjava = new InsanelyRedundantJava(Redundancy1, Redundancy2);
The Tall Man
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Feb 2018 08:20
Did you create your new project using the DarkGDK New Project template?
Judging what we see is the greatest blinder and self-limiter in the universe.

What we perceive is never reality. It is only a story we tell ourselves based on our current perspective, which has far more to do with our beliefs about ourselves than with anything else.
Sedit
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Feb 2018 18:06
Na, The template that comes with the install got lost in transition a while back since then I have always just setup my projects manually. I also found ways to use it with VS 2012 but since then have seem to lost whatever the hell it was I was doing to get it to work A: in VS 2012 and B: with the STL. For a while I was unable to use vector commands or much of the STL and I managed to fix that but am not sure how anymore.
InsanelyRedundantJava insanelyredundantjava = new InsanelyRedundantJava(Redundancy1, Redundancy2);
TheComet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Mar 2018 17:26
The error means that main() does not exist anywhere. I don't use GDK so I don't know whether you have to define it yourself or whether GDK does it for you, either way, this information might help you further.
"Jeb Bush is a big fat mistake" -- Donald Trump
https://vt.tumblr.com/tumblr_o2rvwdLLSF1rmjly4.mp4
Hotline
Years of Service
User Offline
It means that you have no WinMain (win app) or main (console app) entry point in your program.Define one of them to resolve the error.
[href=forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=191567&b=5]Spark Particle engine[/href]
[href=forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=199163&b=5]Transform gizmo plugin[/href]
Sedit
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Mar 2018 08:41

You guys have used DarkGDK before right? You don't declare Winmain(), Main(), t_main() etc.....

You declare, void DarkDGK(){ Which Normally acts as your main function.
Hotline
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Mar 2018 14:57 Edited at: 4th Mar 2018 15:02
"You guys have used DarkGDK before right? You don't declare Winmain(), Main(), t_main() "

C++ does not care about DarkGDK.
You either define main (the standard way) or an operating system specific way (e.g WinMain ) There are no other options.

Quote: "You declare, void DarkDGK(){ Which Normally acts as your main function."

No.You IMPLEMENT the already declared voidDarkGDK() which is called from the main entry point (WinMain)

c99 standard :
Quote: "5.1.2.2.1 Program startup: (1) The function called at program startup is named main."

If you open DarkGDK2.cpp file , you can clearly see that there is the definition of int APIENTRY WinMain ( HINSTANCE hInstance, HINSTANCE hPrevInstance, LPSTR lpCmdLine, int nCmdShow ) which is the main entry point of a DarkGDK app. Inside the body of this function you see the WinMain calls the void DarkGDK() which at this point has only a definition (See few lines above the prototype definition of this function) BUT NO IMPLEMENTATION ! The GDK user is responsible to implement this function in his main cpp. (Eg :

Actually this is an ugly C-is way of forcing the user to define a body for a predefined function.(Otherwise at linking time you will get a linker error. Saying error DarkGDK has no definition.Or something similar)

So all in all : Your error message states that the application you're building has no main() (standard) or a WInMain (windows) entry point.
[href=forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=191567&b=5]Spark Particle engine[/href]
[href=forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=199163&b=5]Transform gizmo plugin[/href]
Sedit
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Mar 2018 04:26
If I do not include void DarkGDK and attempt to use void main() it says "entry point not defined?"
Hotline
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Mar 2018 11:50 Edited at: 5th Mar 2018 11:51
Quote: "If I do not include void DarkGDK and attempt to use void main() it says "entry point not defined?""

No.It should say "Linker error : void DarkGDK() has no definition". Make sure all the required static libraries are added to your library list.
As i said in the other thread GDK has a strange illogical compiler setup that is hard to overcome.I had a similar problem while tried to port my particle engine to GDK.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2018-11-16 00:09:37
Your offset time is: 2018-11-16 00:09:37