Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit/AppGameKit Studio Showcase / Multiple Render Targets Plugin

Author
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Feb 2018 11:17
Hi. I've been meaning to have a play around with the new AppGameKit plugin system for a while now, so I thought I'd start with a very small plugin that just adds support for multiple render targets to AppGameKit. You can download the initial release here from GitHub.

The download above includes the binaries for Windows, macOS, and Linux, as well as some documentation of the commands provided and an example program, so hopefully it should be straightforward to use.

The basic idea of the plugin is to allow you to write to multiple render images from a single fragment shader. This can be useful for lots of different rendering techniques. To do this, the plugin provides a SetRenderImage command to allow you to bind a render image to a specific attachment point. To start rendering to your render images, you can then use the SetRenderToMRT command, which is analogous to AppGameKit's own SetRenderToImage and SetRenderToScreen commands.

This is just a first release, so I'd be keen to get some feedback on it. If you fancy giving it a try, do let me know how you get on with it, and feel free to report any bugs or make suggestions about how it might be improved. All the code is available on GitHub too, and I'm open to pull requests if you feel like changing something yourself!
janbo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Feb 2018 18:04 Edited at: 18th Feb 2018 18:05
I just viewed it from my phone but i think it's great even without testing.
I'll have a good look at it, when im home
Lucas Tiridath
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Feb 2018 21:09
Thanks Janbo! Hope you find it useful. Do let me know if you have any suggestions for it

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 18:50:07
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 18:50:07