Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / HTML5 export is not working

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I have exported and ftp'd the files a few times and as of yet no version has started properly (i read on some other thread that multiple attempts at loading is normal).

On click the music starts playing and the screen goes to my white background but nothing else.

How can I improve my export html5 success chances?

Any type of code or structure that I should avoid?
AdamRyan
Years of Service
User Offline
my crome console error messages:

AGKPlayer.asm.js:8 Uncaught SyntaxError: Unexpected end of input
AGKPlayer.js:3 Uncaught TypeError: Module.asm is not a function
at AGKPlayer.js:3
AdamRyan
Years of Service
User Offline
on another load I get numerous of these....

AGKPlayer.js:1 Unrecognised physics mode for sprite 100002
etc etc
for all sprites

[i am using the Visual Editor and Physics are set to False but these still appear in the Debug Log)
GarBenjamin
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2018 17:10 Edited at: 24th Feb 2018 17:11
Not sure because I have never encountered that in AppGameKit yet but have ran into similar behavior in Unity. Can you make just a simple new project that only has the display set up and main loop printing fps then export to see if that works?

My guess is either the browser you are using doesn't support it or you should try checking the Dynamic memory option or otherwise requesting additional memory from the browser. This happens in other products as well. Ran into in Unity's HTML5 WebGL export. Just stopped loading sometimes other times error messages. Had to increase the memory until it worked.
TI/994a (BASIC) -> C64 (BASIC/PASCAL/ASM/Others) -> Amiga (AMOS/BLITZ/ASM/C/Gamesmith) -> DOS (C/C++/Allegro) -> Windows (C++/C#/Monkey X/GL Basic/Unity/Others)
AdamRyan
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks for the ideas!
GarBenjamin
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2018 17:16 Edited at: 25th Feb 2018 04:29
OOPS this was meant for your best practices thread. Sorry I put it here by mistake.
I have posted it over there on your best practices thread just now too.

There are definitely some important things to keep in mind. I've done a lot of web exports and basically audio format is important for both music and sounds. I can't remember which I ended up going with and am out to breakfast right now.

Also from what I found in my experiments some browsers (or at least versions) seem to limit the numher of simultaneously playing sounds to 16 or possibly it was even 8 in one case. It didn't stop new sounds from playing but previous sounds were cut off.

For frame rate independent timing you want to use milliseconds. The function I most often see people use and perhaps even in official examples does not work in html5. Always returns 0.

Like I said I am out eating so that is all off the top of my head but I can take a look later today.

My best suggestion is just do a ton of experiments. That is what I did and do.
TI/994a (BASIC) -> C64 (BASIC/PASCAL/ASM/Others) -> Amiga (AMOS/BLITZ/ASM/C/Gamesmith) -> DOS (C/C++/Allegro) -> Windows (C++/C#/Monkey X/GL Basic/Unity/Others)

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-30 13:29:32
Your offset time is: 2024-09-30 13:29:32