Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DarkBASIC Professional Discussion / Some of Matrix1Utils are NOT working. DBPRO v 1.075

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Mar 2018 13:33
Well, I was using DBPro - this exact same build - on my other notebook and all of the plugins I had installed worked flawlessly.
Then, my notebook screen broke and I had to transfer everything to my other computer.
I copied everything and after installing DirectX9 libraries and other required runtime DLLs (C++ for Matrix1Utils for instance), I was finally able to use DBPro on my other machine.
All was seemingly okay, but...

I didn't test every single function, but REMOVE$, PACK HSL and LOAD ARRAY FROM DATAFILE simply stopped working for no reason.

In my previous machine, DBPro was running fine - and it was under Windows 10. Now, in my new one, with Windows 7, I am facing this issue and I simply can't make everything work again.

If someone has a solution for this, it'll come in good time.
[size=+2]Forever and one[/size]
Ortu
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Mar 2018 14:43
Make sure you have mscvp71.dll and mscvr71.dll in your application folder, many of matrix1 need these.
http://games.joshkirklin.com/sulium

A single player RPG featuring a branching, player driven storyline of meaningful choices and multiple endings alongside challenging active combat and intelligent AI.
Starshyne Emir
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Mar 2018 15:36 Edited at: 8th Mar 2018 16:22
I thought I didn't have these DLLs, but I in fact had them - and M1U shows an error message if they are not present.

In fact, the Matrix1Utils is not entirely broken - many of its functions work perfectly, but some simply doesn't and I can't figure out why.
[size=+2]Forever and one[/size]
James H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Mar 2018 22:45 Edited at: 9th Mar 2018 23:18
Don't know if this is related...I have several backup versions of a project kept on a usb stick with the latest version on my desktop...went to compile today and I got the stack hash error/crash message right after running the exe. So went through the backups - each and every one failed except the very first :/ was distressed to say the least. Have been working through this as there was a lot to go through, I have discovered some chunks that I have rem'd out to see where problems lie(I have had to rem out majority of code in chunks!), all have object scale x, y or z in them, once they where remmed out I was able to progress. These are m1u 18 commands. In addition to this delete vector4 caused the same fail - although this is a regular dbp command it is overwritten by m1u 32 version of same command.

So I have asked myself what changed - because my dbp hasn't changed, it compiled fine the last time I checked and the precompiled exe's of back ups still work fine.
The only things I have done/noticed that could possibly be the reason;
I installed geforce experience the other day, but shadow play and the rest didn't affect this between then and now as I have had it working.
I tried to install nvperfmon so I could give an undocumented command a shot mentioned in dbp7.4 change log...turns out it looks like its for physx and I didn't get it working, but then I didn't try everything and I am not using physx.
The nvperfmon may have installed vc redists for 2005 as it is listed as a recent install yesterday...these m1u might relate to?
Some vulkan nonsense also registered as installed yesterday
When I first went to compile the project today and it failed, I actually typed out a print statement for system smem available(1) before compiling - I thought at the time this just broke my precious!

Outside of mentioning these things I haven't got the foggiest...back to trying to work out if there is anything else I can narrow down to get this code back on track.

Edit:
Another one - make object plane, again m1u 18
Win 7 Pro 64 bit SP1, AMD A4-5300 APU 3.4GHz, 8GB DDR3, NVidia GeForce GTX 750 1GB GDDR5, ASUS A55BM-E
Ortu
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Mar 2018 00:40
This past week, Symantec has decided to silently block any .exe compiled wth dbpro. It gives no message about it, the exe just doesn't even seem to launch, but I find errors about it in Windows event viewer logs.

That's of course if it doesn't outright quarantine the exe to start with. It mostly seems to be memory access / manipulation that it doesn't like this time around.

This sort of thing is getting old. May not be related, but you might try disabling your antivirus / windows defender or look through your logs to see if there are any clues or change.
http://games.joshkirklin.com/sulium

A single player RPG featuring a branching, player driven storyline of meaningful choices and multiple endings alongside challenging active combat and intelligent AI.
James H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Mar 2018 01:32 Edited at: 10th Mar 2018 02:00
I only have defender, turning it off has no effect, event viewer shows an update for defender yesterday evening but I have had successful compiles later last night. What ever is going on does seem to be some commands and not others - for example make vector4 and delete vector4 are in same dll but only delete vector4 causes a crash.

Edit:
I was wrong make vector4 does crash - dbp has its own version of the command which is what I checked
Win 7 Pro 64 bit SP1, AMD A4-5300 APU 3.4GHz, 8GB DDR3, NVidia GeForce GTX 750 1GB GDDR5, ASUS A55BM-E

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 09:43:23
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 09:43:23