Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Loading Character From MakeHuman

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello AppGameKit Programmers,

I ran into (I say) an interesting problem that i am sure that someone here encountered!

I tried to import a character from makehuman with the following steps:

1. Export the model as mhx2 for importing into blender.
2. Import the mhx2 into blender
3. Apply the IK settings and create a quick pose
4. Export the character as fbx with the settings from the attached image.

Problem is that AppGameKit throws me some warnings in the output and i cannot see the object. Other applications like Paint3D opens it. I don't really think that those warnings are the cause of not showing the objects because i had a model that worked (exported straight from makehuman and imported it as it was) and still appeared.

In case you are wondering, the bones are selected for game engines in makehuman.

Thank you very much and i do really hope you can provide me with some help!
www.alexmatei.com

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Golelorn
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Mar 2018 03:51 Edited at: 18th Mar 2018 04:13
I, personally, never have been able to see fbx objects imported from blender. I do not know if this is a blender issue or AppGameKit has problems with fbx.

As I have bought quite a few items from Unity that are fbx and they do not show up in AppGameKit or animate correctly. I have to export them as OBJ(if not animated) or DAE(if animated). In my experience, DAE does not export IK mechanics or any type of bone constraint( in my very uneducated opinion, this is due to Blender not AppGameKit ). You will have to do each of this manually. If you are able to export via fbx please do share a guide for the AppGameKit community. I would love to buy unity products and use them as is. Sadly, I have to use my pathetic skills to animate.. lol.

You have 276 bones in that screenshot... I think AppGameKit maxes at 100? I also see your model is 4 MB. Is that without any animations? That is pretty large.

Here is my test character that is less than 1MB. I have 36 bones and 180 animation frames ( my death animation needs work lol!! ). Animations frames can become very memory intensive. Again, my uneducated opinion is to make each "action" less than 10 frames. Unless, you're trying to make some type of AAA game on PC no one is going to notice.

A lot of the "old guard" of AppGameKit use .x. Sadly, there is little to no support to those of us who are the "younger guard". You know, we rely on youtube and google to learn. .x is outdated and no longer supported. I wish the big AppGameKit developers would move away from .x. That is not the way of the future.

MateiSoft
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey!

Nice model you got there! Well, I understand your point and i think there are some unique steps in order for us to import into agk. I tried without bones and export as fbx and it worked without problems, but when adding bones, same story of not showing. And it has 56 bones this time with the following error: Bone transform matrix contains scale values, scaling of bones is not supported and will be ignored

Thank you!
www.alexmatei.com
Mobiius
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Mar 2018 09:39
Try exporting as a colada dae object from blender?
MateiSoft
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello Mobiius,

Yes, i tried. It imports but i cannot scale it. Its really tiny! I know that i can scale the object through Blender but why it doesn't work on AppGameKit?

Thank you!
www.alexmatei.com
Golelorn
Years of Service
User Offline
Bones can't be scaled. Objects can be scaled, and the bones should scale with it. Just make sure you are in object mode when you scale in blender. You may need to apply the scale. This can be done with cntrl+A hot key while in object mode. This might fix the bone scaling error. Also, if you you still see funky animations you may need to recalculate roll on the bones. I think this will destroy the current animations, though.

But remember, I am almost sure Make Human uses a lot of bone constraints that may not export to DAE. I misspoke when I said IK doesn't work. Its been awhile since I messed around with animating, and have forgotten a lot. But I am sure there are some bone constraints that will not work. For instance, copy location doesn't work, and your mesh will tear in AGK.

Its a tedious process exporting to AppGameKit so everything is correct. Are you using setobjectscalepermanent? I think you have to do that for objectsloadedwithchildren. I have no trouble scaling.
hoyoyo80
Years of Service
User Offline
Have u tried other model? Maybe rig a cyclinder to bend and export.

And thanks, 100 bones limit now? Last time it is 40(?).

Maybe try to skin the model manually, u can try use this ready made rig:
https://www.google.com/amp/jayanam.com/blender-rig-for-unity/amp/?source=images

Beware to check the scale of models and bones and then apply the scale in blender before animating. Othetwise, ull get tear limbs.
Golelorn
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Build 2.0.17
Increased maximum number of bones from 40 to 100, but some old devices may fail to draw objects with more than about 50 bones"
fubarpk
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: AGK is my friend
Posted: 9th May 2018 05:29
Theres a great tutorial written by blendmann that might help
https://forum.thegamecreators.com/thread/221714

I found with the objects ive brought into agk had to be scaled down quite allot
but that shouldn't be a problem scaling up just might help to have a test program to get
the character close to the size
fubar

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 06:08:57
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 06:08:57