Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit/AppGameKit Studio Showcase / [WIP] Table Top Football

Author
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Mar 2018 21:12 Edited at: 30th Mar 2018 19:51
Just wanted to show my next WIP project, very early design yet but pretty happy with the gameplay side of things.
currently calling it table top football as it reminds me of a sort of reverse control subbuteo (instead of flicking you pull an invisible string to push your players around).
it's turn based gameplay but still a quick style of play as you only make 1 move per turn.

is now available in beta form on the google play store
all comments and feedback welcome
p.s. i'm sure there are similar games out there so if anyone knows any good ones feel free to link and i may steal (ahem, borrow) some ideas/features.

edit: windows version link here - dropbox download, unzip and run the .exe (make sure you keep the media folder and the .exe in the same location)
*note* (i believe) requires 1080*1920 resolution to run.
life's one big game
spec= 4ghz, 16gb ram, AMD R9 2700 gpu

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Scene Commander
Support Manager
Years of Service
User Offline
Good work.. Looks fun.

SC
https://twitter.com/JimjamsGames?lang=en&lang=en
blink0k
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Mar 2018 02:30
Looks great! Nice idea again!!
Doveyy04
Years of Service
User Offline
Good work. Needs power bar for sure so you can accurately place players where you feel is best. I used to play Soccer Stars on iPhone which is similar idea to this. An idea is to have different starting formations? and also maybe if a player moves all his players to block the goal then it resets somehow as this would just kill the game.

I’m currently writing a game using the agk sprites and images from the top down soccer folder, totally different game to yours I might add, your stadium looks awesome and it’s something my game is certainly missing.
smallg
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Mar 2018 21:18
Quote: "Good work. Needs power bar for sure so you can accurately place players where you feel is best"

added it to the little direction arrow at their feet but it may be a bit small there.
Quote: "An idea is to have different starting formations?"

yes definitely but i think you should go into the game not knowing your opponents formation and then also an option to change after conceding or scoring a goal (possibly timed so the games won't be dragged out).
Quote: "and also maybe if a player moves all his players to block the goal then it resets somehow as this would just kill the game."

i don't think this is needed, you can't skip your turn so at least 1 player would need to move and also you can daze and knock them out the way easily enough - plus you can't actually score from the kick off.
Quote: "I’m currently writing a game using the agk sprites and images from the top down soccer folder, totally different game to yours I might add, your stadium looks awesome and it’s something my game is certainly missing."

they just inspired me to give this style a try, i started with a real-time game but quickly realised i wouldn't enjoy writing the AI.
do you have a thread for yours?

TTF is now available in beta form on the google play store
it's very rough and ready on the feedback side of things but you can play via your wifi or online (if you open a port and provide your public ip as per AGK's networking requirements) - i will add shared PC / mobile play soon and also some form of basic practice mode vs an AI.
life's one big game
Cliff Mellangard 3DEGS
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Mar 2018 12:12
PHeMoX
Years of Service
User Offline
This does look quite amazing already.

I do have one recommendation already, although perhaps you've done this intentionally for the beta. I tried to search for TTF in the Play store, but it was a bit tough to find. I am aware there are like a million football related apps, but I would probably use the full name eventually. Maybe even consider something that makes it a little bit more unique? Smallg's Table Top Football? I know when I search for 'smallg' I get about 16 games on PlayStore, so it might be something to consider. A bit of branding I guess. I assume you make games mostly for fun like I do though, don't know.

Also, it seems currently playing locally, using the same android phone doesn't start Blue's turn. Not sure if that's a bug or not yet implemented..
smallg
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Mar 2018 16:00 Edited at: 29th Mar 2018 21:03
Yh just for fun, I don't think my little android apps would ever be serious enough to make any money... Unless I accidentally made the next flappy bird I guess :p

Hmm the app is linked here but a better name is definitely needed eventually as it would certainly be nice for something unique so you can search it easily.
And yes as mentioned in the final note of my last update, the only 2 modes working are WiFi or public internet, shared play really shouldn't take long to add, I Just didn't have time to do so yet as I was more focused on getting the networking commands done to see if there's lag etc but I'll include it in the next update
edit, shared play is available in v1.12
life's one big game
puzzler2018
User Banned
Posted: 30th Mar 2018 00:08
Looks great - keep it up

Reminds me of Speedball on Amiga with not a football pitch.

Its great
Golelorn
Years of Service
User Offline
Nice, but looks like soccer to me.
Doveyy04
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "they just inspired me to give this style a try, i started with a real-time game but quickly realised i wouldn't enjoy writing the AI.
do you have a thread for yours? "

Not yet as it’s still very much work in progress but hopefully I can post something very soon. I don’t have an android device at the moment so I can’t test your game but will be sorting that out.
smallg
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Mar 2018 19:25
Quote: "Not yet as it’s still very much work in progress but hopefully I can post something very soon. I don’t have an android device at the moment so I can’t test your game but will be sorting that out."

well i wasn't sure how to encrypt the media so i didn't release a windows version but i've added blink0k's encryption system (did a quick search and found it, works nicely so thanks @blink0k ) to the first post now so you can test it out on windows
p.s. if you could let me know if it looks correct on your resolution as i don't think it will like being changed (it certainly doesn't work correctly in HTML currently)
life's one big game

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-24 09:46:42
Your offset time is: 2024-04-24 09:46:42