Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Tier2 VS2017 template and config help

Author
AGK Bronze Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello, anyone have a basic blank template solution that Visual Studio 2017 will compile AppGameKit ? ( +how to correctly set General output, C++/Linker additional include directories/libraries to know it will compile correctly)

-I loaded 2017 Visual Studio and use the supplied 2017 template AppGameKit supplied but it wont compile.

...Reports `build tools not present for vs140`..implying VS2015...then states it cant find my Final output exe...

Following the general, C++ and linker configs advice just leaves it unable to compile (wrong version??).

Can anyone explain those config setting for the output file and additional include paths for C++ and Linker?

Or need I find Visual Studio 2015 for it to work as I see the `Official AppGameKit Tier 2 Starter's Guide` is written

for Visual Studio 2015 although Microsoft seem to only offer the 2017 version....

Also AppGameKit website says we need Microsoft Windows SDK 7.1...is this still the case...or is it that Windows 10 is not supported yet? Any Tier 2 / VS start up advice appreciated , thanks
Dark Raven
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Apr 2018 06:03
I had gotten that error before. I'm not totally sure what I had to do but I made sure that I had following installed through the vs installer: vc++ 2017 v141 toolset (x86,x64). windows xp support for c++. Then in the solution's properties I have Visual Studio 2017 - Windows XP (v141_xp) set for the platform toolset and it seems to compile just fine without any of the 2015 stuff. I'm thinking its the xp support that I had too make sure I had installed though I cant remember exactly.
Lucas Tiridath
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Apr 2018 11:51
It's strange that you're being asked for the vs140 build tools if you're using the VS2017 template. Dark Raven's suggestions are good; make sure that you're using the 141 toolset and have all the components you need installed.

If you still have trouble, there are some new tutorials for Tier 2 here that cover setting up projects in Visual Studio 2017.
Weave
AGK Bronze Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Apr 2018 21:06 Edited at: 9th Apr 2018 04:16
Hi thanks for the messages, I just noticed the XP support in the installer and CLI...so am trying that ...NOW VS does compile!!

Had to point config to AGK.h and the right tier2 windows libs...now the only problem VS says it cannot open the exe...

`the object invoked has disconnected from its clients`

...although when I search and open it, it runs fine!! Is this also a config problem in VS you think?

Which config option sets which output folder VS runs at the end of compiling it??

Reopen VS and its fine now thanks....

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 02:23:34
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 02:23:34