Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Visual Editor Update

Author
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
The Visual Editor has a new update today -

https://www.thegamecreators.com/post/appgamekit-visual-editor-updated

Changes include -

Improved particle support - colour key frames, scales and forces
Tier 2 support
Lots of fixes

The update is out for Windows, Mac and Linux.

Please let us know if you have any feedback. Thanks.
smallg
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Apr 2018 10:37 Edited at: 21st Apr 2018 11:09
love being able to see and edit the particles in the editor, super useful
noticed the scale of the particles is wrong however and doesn't appear to be affected by changing the scale setting either but rather by the actual size of the particle's entity box - so if you use values for start zone A and start zone B it will make your particles much bigger than intended.
looks like line 342 should be

or perhaps

unless i'm being super blind i also think the ability to set a sprite as visible/invisible has been removed from the properties panel - i appreciate the panel is getting a bit crowded with the new additions but perhaps it could be added back as an expansion to the alpha? (or vice versa)
life's one big game
spec= 4ghz, 16gb ram, AMD R9 2700 gpu
XANAX 2B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Apr 2018 17:33 Edited at: 23rd Apr 2018 18:40
Hello Orvillian,

Visual Editor becomes always more powerfull, thank you !

I noticed a possible bug :
I can't change the values of "Scene/Scene Settings", so i can't create a scrolling.

Also, do you plan to create commands for scrolling ? Or is it already done ?

EDIT:
Just unchecked the checkbox in the scene settings, and i can set the size of the scene, now.
Don't let the world decrease your conatus
Tumira
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Apr 2018 03:58 Edited at: 25th Apr 2018 05:28
Found 2 bugs

1)Renaming particles name does not reflect on the scene hierarchy until the project is saved and reopen back. After reopen the project, the particle name will be updated.
2)Setting particles life to less than 1 will not work. Particles not shown on screen. If I set it manually via code "SetParticlesLife(ParticlesArray[i].particlesID,0.3)" it will work and displayed on screen. This is for particles when "Max" is not set to -1.

Would be great if we have a button to reset particles count (ResetParticleCount) to see the particles when the "Max" is not set to -1.
Orvillian
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks for the feedback. Will get changes made and provide a new version.
Tumira
Years of Service
User Offline
@Orvillian, I found memory leaks in animation.

Just noticed that my memory usage keeps on increasing alot even when loading the same scene. To reproduce

1)Open AppGameKit, Visual Editor
2)Create new project
3)Place virtual button and set action "on tap" to go to the same scene eg. Go to scene1
4)Create animation using Media->Create animation
5)Use this command before vsync ( print("Image memory"+ str(GetImageMemoryUsage() ))) in main loop
6)Save the project in visual editor and run in AGK
7)Keeps pressing the virtual button to reload the same scene
8)Memory will keeps on increasing.

I hope this can be fix soon.
Orvillian
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Tumira, I will address that issue in the next update.
Tumira
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi @Orvillian

Would be nice if we have a proper layer management in Visual Editor

e.g
1)We can create layer named "Background" and by default it will be at depth 9000 , after that we can create layer "Game" , "Effects" and maybe layer "UI". Layer "Game" will be at depth 8000 and so on.
2)We can lock objects by layer
3)We can hide objects by layer
4)Maybe we can even change layer order if possible ?

Also would be great if we have commands like "VS_ShowLayer("UI") or "VS_HideLayer ("UI") and etc in AGK.
Orvillian
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Layers will be coming in a future update. Will make scenes a lot easier to work with.
StOrM3
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th May 2018 13:45 Edited at: 4th May 2018 14:06
We need to have this compiled for Android and iOS usage as well. I am beta testing app game kit mobile edition and it will be complete with visual editor also cross compiled so we can work on map editing on the mobile phone so we can test the levels and actually make changes on the fly right on the mobile device. Also a sprite editor itself either added to visual editor, or a new separate project making a complete development cycle. This combined with being able to send the complete project including source code and maps and sprites either in spriter or spine format with all files audio etc.. To our desktop for the compilation process. This will greatly reduce the time to market and it completely short circuits the development process. Another editor I'm needing some help on will complete the development process adding the ability to edit AR+ maps. I'm making a separate post about this new editor and what exactly I need help with will be posted as a new topic under app game kit chat -> about fake gps implementation for AR editor to directly edit AR grafx at each spoofed or mocked location. I have the complete sourcecode for the current best implementation of fake gps. I'm needing some help porting the java sourcecode or maybe just importing the java class files responsible for the service and the google maps location selection and prefs info. I'm sure we can make a complete solution in appgamekit which works even better. Please see and help by contributing to my other topic... Thank you.

Thanks 4 Listening.

Ken aka storm36969 on YouTube.
[PKE] Pain Killa Entertainment(tm) [PKE]
[PKE] Of All The Things I\'ve Lost..[PKE]
[PKE] I Miss My Mind The Most! [PKE]
Tumira
Years of Service
User Offline
@Orvillian

Just lost all my custom variables in Visual Editor. Honestly not sure how it happens. I just open back my old visual editor project. Modify some stuffs and add new objects and run it in agk. I did noticed that it displayed some garbage or encoded string. Now all of it are empty. I really hope you can fix this.
Tumira
Years of Service
User Offline
@Orvillian

Just lost Position,Size and Scale settings. All are resets to 0. This happens while doing a lot of sprites name renaming. When I reload my project (after doing alot of sprite renaming) all my scenes except Scene no 1 are blank and the texts are at the upper left corner because of this bugs.

Please fix this..
Tumira
Years of Service
User Offline
@Orvillian is tilemap coming in next version ?
marvin944
Years of Service
User Offline
How can I make the results go full screen? I've tried everything that I can throw at SetWindowSize....
Dutch
xCept
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jun 2018 02:33 Edited at: 5th Jun 2018 02:33
It goes fullscreen for me by revising VisualEditor_globals.agc:

satyendra.singh
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jun 2018 10:37
This seems nice. Keep it up.
marvin944
Years of Service
User Offline
@xCept

Yes, found it, works!

Another off-topic question: does AGK2 support multitouch? (pinch/zoom/rotate)?
Dutch
Richard_6
Years of Service
User Offline
Sure thing, Marvin. Agk works with multitouch. Please check https://www.appgamekit.com/documentation/Reference/Input-Raw.htm.
xCept
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Another off-topic question: does AGK2 support multitouch? (pinch/zoom/rotate)?"

It does, but there are no built-in "gesture" mechanisms so you would have to manually code your own pinch/zoom/rotate features. But there are some code snippets floating around the forums for some of this including pinch zoom.
Tumira
Years of Service
User Offline
Any news ? It is almost 3 months without any updates..
Zigi
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi.

I'm trying to use the visual editor on Ubuntu 18.04 but unfortunately it doesn't work.
It saying in the console libpng12 is missing, there is no libpng12 in the repo, I have libpng16 only.

Thanks.
Tumira
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jul 2018 10:37 Edited at: 20th Jul 2018 10:44
I got problem with the animation from the function "VisualEditor_PlayAnimation" . So I fixed it and share it here. Hopefully you guys find it useful. Paste it in the VisualEditor_utilities.agc and use "VisualEditor_PlayAnimation2" as alternative. This is just a hack. It should fix the out of bound when getting the ID and the extra frame at the end of animation when looping. Not sure it is okay. But seems to work fine for now.

Munchicken
Reviewed AGK on Steam
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jul 2018 05:39
Hi Orvillian,
Any updates on implementing percentage resolution in Visual Editor?

Thanks,
Sarah
Zigi
Years of Service
User Offline
Is the lack of response from the developer and TGC means the future of this project is uncertain or only very busy with the next release or it is already dead?
I hope it is not going to be the NEXT product sold by TGC that comes with no support
xCept
Years of Service
User Offline
The developer hasn't posted here in almost three months and hasn't posted to the Steam forums since April. I have seen numerous questions about it go unanswered dating back to May.

At $50 a license the visual editor is a hefty investment (costing nearly as much as AppGameKit itself when on sale) and I would hope TGC would announce if it is no longer being updated. I feel that the price tag should had been much lower and it should've been classified as "early access" until its features were more refined.
Tumira
Years of Service
User Offline
Any news on Visual Editor. Why is it every product and dlc has been updated but this one is not updated for more than 3 months ?
Zigi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Aug 2018 11:34 Edited at: 3rd Aug 2018 11:38
Quote: "Why is it every product and dlc has been updated but this one is not updated for more than 3 months ?"

Only speculation but in my opinion It is no longer developed but TGC doesn't want to make any official announcement as they want to sell more copies if can.
I mean, if it still developed, why no one is replying to bug reports, and questions at least? I think it obvious why.

I was really hoping to see this editor to move forward and I was one who did recommended to TGC to add some sort of Level editor support, but what I was suggesting is to pick a free and open-source editor and add support to be able to load the level coming from the editor. The moment I saw the announcement TGC released their very own editor for AppGameKit, I was sceptic about it as I know TGC resources for new products is limited but I was still hoping to see it succeed

Anyway, hope to see some official response some time.
James Patterson
Years of Service
User Offline
It is great, thanks for sharing. We will be going to change it as soon as possible.
RickV
TGC Development Director
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Sep 2018 08:21
Hi, there has been a delay in development with the Visual Editor and we are now looking to do more dev work on it. So please be patient, we will be working on it again soon.
Development Director
TGC Team
Tumira
Years of Service
User Offline
@RickV any news on this ?
XANAX 2B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Nov 2018 00:29 Edited at: 23rd Nov 2018 06:06
Tested today (after a while). When i create a project, and save it, and run it, after, i get an error message : "Unable to detect AGK. Do you want to set the installation path for AppGameKit ?".
It is set by default to "d:/steam", like it was in the passed, but now, it no longer works.
Changing it to the real absolute AppGameKit path in my computer does the same : it loops on this message.
This is my AppGameKit folder : "D:\Steam\steamapps\common\App Game Kit 2".

EDIT:
I've tried to create a project directly in a "C:\Test\" folder. It does the same bug.
I've uninstalled and reinstalled those days AppGameKit, and i've noticed that the text under its icon, "AppGameKit2", had become "App Game Kit 2".
I've renamed "App Game Kit 2" folder to "AppGameKit2", but Visual Editor still has this bug.
I've uninstalled et reinstalled V.E, the problem is still here.

EDIT2:
Solved !
I've gone to the path "C:\Users\*MyUserName*\AppData\Roaming\Visual Editor", and edited the file "preferences.dat".
I've replaced the path "d:/steam" inside this file by "D:\Steam\steamapps\common\App Game Kit 2".
Never trust ignorance
RickV
TGC Development Director
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Dec 2018 14:40
Hi all,

An maintenance version of the Visual Editor has been released today on Steam and on the TGC servers, fixes include;

* Fixed a crash where the icons in the media list may have been resized incorrectly.
* Raw paths have been corrected when loading images to avoid potential crashes.
* Added extra check for images that have been removed from the project upon loading.
* Animated images now check for the existence of the host image.
* Fixed a bug where custom strings would not display properly in the editor.
* Turning off dynamic resolution for text would result in the position and size not being saved. This has been fixed.

Rick
Development Director
TGC Team
XANAX 2B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Dec 2018 05:35 Edited at: 14th Dec 2018 16:48
Hi Rick,

There is a little bug about virtual button images up and down. Their height is not shown properly inside the AppGameKit editor. (When width and height of the button are differents)

Edit : Tested under Windows 10 x64.
Never trust ignorance
w0rm
Years of Service
User Offline
Seems it's not possible to set position and size attributes for virtual buttons for different resolutions. When setting the virtual button "Dynamic resolution" to "False" and changing its position/size for any other resolution than the base resolution it defaults back when switching resolutions. Is this the expected behavior?
Sh4d0xx
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Feb 2019 12:06
Hi, I think I might have found some bugs:

1) Text entity bug: Creating text entities on a scene, saving the project, closing the editor and reloading it seems to make the text entities invisible. Yes they are still listed under the scene as being there, but don't show up. Changing the depth, colour, and even ID name don't seem to fix the issue either. It seems the only fix is to delete the text entities and recreate them, which is beyond inconveniencing. I've also experimented with selecting a custom .ttf and the default, but none of the above solves the issue.

2) Refresh bug: When a media folder is added to a project, and the sprites in that folder are updated, it seems the editor cannot recognise that. Refreshing and re-importing doesn't help either.

Suggestions

1) Scene Refresh: Maybe this is a function that is needed to check all the entities in a scene are visible ?

The visual editor is a potentially good tool to help with scene creation. However these bugs make it almost unusable. It would be nice to know when we can expect an update on this.

Thanks
Sh4xx
Tristanlogd
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Feb 2019 04:21 Edited at: 22nd Feb 2019 14:56
Having the same issue with invisible text as above, however its any and all text I try to add to my scenes. No matter what I do the text is all invisible. This seems like a pretty large issue. Is this something that can be fixed?

Edit: I went into the program files and noticed there’s an old version of the editor as well as the new updated version. The old version works and doesn’t have issues with text fields. It does have a lot of smaller bugs though. This product seems rather half baked...
Realm of Ages
apocolyp4
Years of Service
User Offline
After adding support for AppGameKit Python (for my Global Game Jam game) I decided to improve the loading of apps that use the AppGameKit Visual Editor based on my Python port. The updated code to VisualEditor_load.agc simplifies the parsing of the Visual Editor save file, and it substantially reduces loading time of apps. Making them 2 - 3 time faster especially on Mobile and HTML5. Ive attached my updated VisualEditor_load.agc file. Just swap this for the real file.

Attachments

Login to view attachments

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-16 10:59:40
Your offset time is: 2024-04-16 10:59:40