Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers AppGameKit Corner / [SOLVED] How to create a camera?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2018 21:28
Hello

I can get the X of a camera with the GetCameraX command, and it takes the camera ID as parameter: https://www.appgamekit.com/documentation/Reference/3D/GetCameraX.htm
But how can I create a new camera? CreateCamera doesn't seem to exist.

Is the parameter cameraID in all camera related functions useless? Or am I missing something very obvious?

Thanks

The author of this post has marked a post as an answer.

Go to answer

Bengismo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2018 21:50
This post has been marked by the post author as the answer.
The main rendering camera is always ID 1.

There is no need to create another camera as you can only render one scene at a time. It is possible to place multiple camera views on the screen (for 2 player games or 3d viewports but it still only needs one camera ID which is always 1. (in the future it may change but for now there is no need for anything other than camera id 1)
basicFanatic
Years of Service
User Offline
Yeah, AppGameKit only supports a single camera, so the ID value is currently kinda pointless. When using the VR plugin, I have to use that single camera to render to the monitor and to both screens in the HMD, but the VR plugin takes over the camera settings like aspect ratio and field of view.
Carharttguy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th May 2018 07:57
Ok thanks guys!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 04:57:02
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 04:57:02