Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / Third person Achieved! (read more to explain)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jun 2018 14:07 Edited at: 2nd Jun 2018 14:09
hi i have been seeing this pop up everywhere about how you could achieve third person via Gun Hud rather then hard coded scripting,(a developers worst nightmare) i think a basic human could be positioned using the same method that FredP did a LONG time ago:

https://forum.thegamecreators.com/thread/91131

I know people will be hateful (like in the comments on this thread) but any basic programmer could come up with a simple script to lock the Y axis to give it a more realistic view! i think if we can as a community make something like this and make it into a no Mods needed thing this would open a Door to so much more to be achieved by the engine!

here is a example i think would be a good start to try (made by Sepp)
"I'd Rather be hated for who i am, then Loved for who i am not"- Kurt Cobain

Attachments

Login to view attachments
DarkJames
Years of Service
User Offline
And then you look down or turn around and the illusion breaks , the problem is that it'd be buggy at best, and alto it isn't a developer's worst nightmare to code third person. FPSC is just not a stable enough platform to render that kind of collision and physics input into a controllable, stable and playable state, it's been done many times, even I've delved with the concept years back. Project Blue did it really good back in the day.

I'd suggest going more for the immersive "player legs" type of concept than third person when talking FPSC, but that's just me
thedoctor989
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jun 2018 15:50 Edited at: 5th Jun 2018 23:20
like i said all someone would have to do is using a basic script change the Y-axis to 0 and keep the X axis the default values
"I'd Rather be hated for who i am, then Loved for who i am not"- Kurt Cobain

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-18 14:54:21
Your offset time is: 2024-04-18 14:54:21