Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers AppGameKit Corner / Help with splatmap in APPGAMEKIT Shader pack

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I got the app game kit shader pack which contains a terrain feature.
If I use the provided splatmap the system works fine, however if I try to create my own splatmap I run into problems, specifically the whole map is just one texture.
I am using photoshop to create my splatmap using the red green and blue channels to define my splat map. I then export this as a png.
Is there something I am missing? and or a different way of doing this (I would prefer not to have to resort to learning UNITY)?

Attachments

Login to view attachments
janbo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jun 2018 14:34
Quote: "I am using photoshop to create my splatmap using the red green and blue channels to define my splat map"

Hey, it seems like you have a non transparent background, you must keep in mind that the terrain shader is able to mix 5 textures together using 4 values.
Those 4 values are the channels in an image which is red,green,blue AND alpha.
So by having the entire image opaque you draw the stone texture on the entire terrain also.
Hope this helps
Green7
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jun 2018 15:18
If you have finished your painting, just set the overall transparency of each layer to 1%. It looks like a empty map, but this is how i got it working.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 00:18:04
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 00:18:04